kd1403

Registered Users (C)
Yes, finally it happened...and on April Fool's Day

EB2
I-140 VSC
MD: 6/19/2002
RD: 6/21/2002
Approval Date: 4/1/2003

I could not believe it when i saw the status change on BCIS online site. I had been checking all day today and i checked once again a while back and saw that date change from 6/21/2002 received to 4/1/2003 approved.

I wish everyone in I-140 stage all the best. See you in the CP stage soon.

Please post details if you filed concurrently

When you filed 485-765-130 if you filed concurrent

Congratulations!!!

:D

This is wonderful news. My date is end of August. Feels like an eternity, but hopefully one day they will get there....

Dharma16....check INS online status web site and I am sure yours should be done soon! Since you have completed 300 day limit have your attorneys contact INS VSC to follow up. They should speed up your process.

Congratulations!

Mine I-140 date is August 24th, 2002. I hope mine will come quick.

I have no idea who you are, but still I feel really happy for you :)

chadac:

CONGRATS! Are you doing CP? If yes then from which consulate?

Last edited by a moderator:
MChowdhary,
Congrats!!! Are u in Eb2 or Eb3??
Mine if filed in mid August for Eb3. So just hoping for some good news soon.

Originally posted by asharma
MChowdhary,
Congrats!!! Are u in Eb2 or Eb3??
Mine if filed in mid August for Eb3. So just hoping for some good news soon.

Thanks, but I just heard from my lawyer. They made a mistake and were looking at the wrong field in their database. My I-140 is not aprooved at all. :(

I believe I am an EB3.

Question for Kdivekar

Hi Kdivekar:
Do you know of any way to find out for sure if I140 was filed with CP option. In my case I had asked my employer to file my 140 with CP but I am kind of doubtful if he has really done it. Is there any thing on the I140 Notice receipt which tell this information. I can always call my lawyer but I am pretty sure he is going to lie about it even if he hasn't done the way I wanted.
Secondly tell me how one should find out if NVC has recieved his case. What should be used for the inquiry and is there any tell no/on line system to check if they have received your paper work. I have seen on the CP tracker that you have mentioned yesterday as the date when NVC got your paperwork and would like to know how did you find that out.

Thanks,
SA

* Normally I-140 application and also approval receipt states that I-140 filed with CP option. I have seen neither of my receipts since my company attorneys do not provide.

* AS far as NVC here is the link which details out the process with telephone number to call (http://travel.state.gov/nvc.html). After I-140 approval, all informaiton can be obtained from the NVC telephone number mentioned in the html link above.

* Even if you told your attorneys to file for cp and they have mentioned 485 in application, after your I1-40 approval you can file I-824 to change process and then AC I-140 to speed up CP. You will not lose much time since now one does not need I824 approval which takes 6+ months. Just I-824 receipt is good enough for the CP interview. What I would suggest is that email your HR/ attorneys that you want to know the next steps around CP since you have opted for CP. IF they say they filed 485 tell them that you would like to file I-824 to change process and then file AC I-140 to speed it up.

hi kdivekar,
i was wondering if you could please educate a little about the AC-140 process to speed up CP compared to the regular CP process. if you could address the following, that'd be very helpful. thanks,
1/ how to go about the alternate process
2/ it's estimated time of completion compared to regular CP
3/ risks/returns compared to regular CP

zzzz_1976:

1. Most of the AC-140 information can be found on the following web site:
http://imminfo.com/Knowledgebase/FAQs/ACI140.html

2. Normal time from I-140 approval to CP Inteview for most of US Consulate in India is 6-8 months. But with AC I-140 you save approx 2 months.

3. Make sure your consulate accepts AC I-140. I know Delhi and Mumbai accept for sure. Chennal has started accepting recently. Don't know of any others. Don't know of any risk. Return is your CP process is reduced by about 2 months. But refer the above site as it explains the process pretty well in lay man's terms.

congrats stinker! please also put your updates on cptracker.com