EB1 Premium Processing - Myth or Reality?

go_getter007

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

As I understand, EB1 preimum processing is only for I-140. It doesn't have any direct impact on your I-485 and hence Green Card. If that's the case, here is how I think it can help:

1. If your H-1 or its extension is about to expire and you want to go for a 3 year renewal with your approved I-140.

2. If 485 gets processed only after 140 is processed and approved, you may save overall time (for both 140 and 485). But for concurrent filing of 140 and 485, it may not mean much.

3. Say under normal circumstances in EB1, you get a decision (say an RFE) 6 months after your application. Under premium, you can potentially get the same adjudication in 15 days. So, it may save time since what you'd have gotten 6 months down the road, you're getting it in 2 weeks.

Please let me know, if I'm missing something major in terms of premium processing advantage. Against that backdrop, we can decide whether premium processing has any real benefits for us. I'm pretty sure spending $1000 won't be a barrier for most of us but the issue is what does it really give us?

Thanks.

GG_007

Last edited by a moderator: