EB1 EA Rejected....Please help

kadavath1967

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

My lawyer did a bad job presenting the case. Out of 4 points claimed, INS agreed to just one. The denial letter says as follows:

"the counsel for petitioner attests that the petitioner has provided evidence to meet at least 4 of the criteria (out of 10). However reliance on simply meeting a set number of criteria is mispalced"

Does this clearly mean that the lawyer did not present the case very well?

Now he asks for $2000 for appeal. I am confident that I could write a better letter than my lawyer to appeal the case, since it is based on my own resume. But I need some feed back from this forum as to how I can move forward and do this myself. I would like to know where I could vouch for information as to how to appeal in a professional manner. Does anyone know a "self to do kit" for appeals?

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me on this. Since I am running against time (30 days), any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Details :

Filed in Aug 2003 at CSC
RFE : submitted in March 2005
Filed 1-485 (also denied along with I-140)

It takes very long time to get an appeal adjudicated, at least two years. Beside, the odds of winning an appeal is not in your favor. You should really go to CIS wbsite and read some AAO's decisions on EA cases, especially those ones won their appeal. It is not easy. I think you will be much better off to file another freash new I-140 case yourself. Check out the CIS processing time and some postings in this forum. You will see that EA cases get approved much faster now.

Forget about your lousy lawyer. You are the one who knows best about yourself. You can do a much better job yourself than any lawyer can. In my opinion, most of immigration lawyers are incapable or unwilling to do good job for their vulnerable clients. They only interested in your money. There might be a few good ones left out there. But they are hard to find and afford. Here is the link for AAO decisions.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/admindec3/B2/index.htm

I would also suggest you to read my story at following link. It will will help you to prepare your case. Good luck.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=148088&highlight=alien_simba

I found DIY kit of greencardforyou the best.
kadavath1967 said:
Hi All

My lawyer did a bad job presenting the case. Out of 4 points claimed, INS agreed to just one. The denial letter says as follows:

"the counsel for petitioner attests that the petitioner has provided evidence to meet at least 4 of the criteria (out of 10). However reliance on simply meeting a set number of criteria is mispalced"

Does this clearly mean that the lawyer did not present the case very well?

Now he asks for $2000 for appeal. I am confident that I could write a better letter than my lawyer to appeal the case, since it is based on my own resume. But I need some feed back from this forum as to how I can move forward and do this myself. I would like to know where I could vouch for information as to how to appeal in a professional manner. Does anyone know a "self to do kit" for appeals?

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me on this. Since I am running against time (30 days), any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Details :

Filed in Aug 2003 at CSC
RFE : submitted in March 2005
Filed 1-485 (also denied along with I-140)