EB1(EA) I-140 Approved (Texas, 120 days)

GC_EB1

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks, Just wanted to let you know about my I-140 approval. Thanks Rama, Ajasha and everyone in this forum. No RFE's. My credentials are not very great, but i was lucky, i guess. (2 papers, both 2nd author, 10 citations). Self Petition application. PhD from a State University in the midwest.

Thanks again for all the support

hi Kku,
My notification data was 08'Jan'07(EB1-EA). Like i said earlier, i got lucky. My recommendation letters were good, nevertheless, no publications with first author. About 10 citations. Self petition. PhD from a State University in the midwest. I worked on my application for about 6 months.
I think, the key lies in the cover letter.
Thanks,

You definitely are a lucky guy. Congrats. All the best for your I-485 now.

Hi folks, Just wanted to let you know about my I-140 approval. Thanks Rama, Ajasha and everyone in this forum. No RFE's. My credentials are not very great, but i was lucky, i guess. (2 papers, both 2nd author, 10 citations). Self Petition application. PhD from a State University in the midwest.

Thanks again for all the support

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

If you do not mind can you post your credentials?

Did you submit the degree certificates and transcripts?

Did you efile?

What was the weight of the final package? (my attorney says it shoud be 8 pds but i have 3 pds.)

Thanks

Does that matter??? :D :D :D :D
Congrats!

Did you efile?

What was the weight of the final package? (my attorney says it shoud be 8 pds but i have 3 pds.)

Thanks

Your attorney is onto something. THe heavier, the better. I would suggest that anything less than 100 pounds is not going to be approved. It really is all about weight...at least for the lawyer's fees.

Your attorney is really incompetent (and a complete idiot)! I am serious; fire him if you want to get your GC. It really sucks to see that there are attorneys out there who have these kinds of critera for success. Good luck.

Congrats!

Did you efile?

Thanks

Congrats, GC_EB1,
You must have done a great job with your covering letter. Could you please post your credentials. Good luck with the rest.
Thanks

Congratulations GC_EB1 .....

Congrats!

Thanks

Mine was 7.9 lbs and still got approved. I thought the cut off was 7.5 lbs. :D :D :D

Did your lawyer tell you the thickness of the paper as one can gain some wt by using 32 lb paper as opposed to 20 lb paper. :D :D :D

I submitted about 1000 pages and I don't know what was sent and what not .... it included every piece of paper that had my name :)

hi AshEB1,
Regarding my credentials. Since i just graduated with my PhD there was nothing really very strong. One thing that i did was to link all my research to Environmental pollution, that is when i did my cover letter. The cover letter is real simple like a story. i knew nobody in the immigration office would be able to follow complicated things, for this reason, i made it real simple. only you know your research for this reason, i did not hire an attorney. I knew, down the road if i had gotten a RFE there is nothing much that a attorney could do.
i emailed the department of environmental pollution and water safety people in the state and asked them if they could give me a letter of recommendation based on my thesis. They had asked me to come to their office and give a small presentation, which i did. after that they were more than willing to give me a letter of recommendation. That letter had a state letterhead. Thats about it. Regarding thickness of the packet. mine was around 2 inches thick. i collected a lot of brochures from the state regarding environmental pollution and water quality statistics and made my packet thick. that is all i could really do, especially since i do not have many publications.

I think, if you organize your packet properly, you should be able to do it.
All the best.

Thanks

Hey,
Smart moves!
It would have been so even if you did not succeed.
Congarts!
Pradeep

hi AshEB1,
Regarding my credentials. Since i just graduated with my PhD there was nothing really very strong. One thing that i did was to link all my research to Environmental pollution, that is when i did my cover letter. The cover letter is real simple like a story. i knew nobody in the immigration office would be able to follow complicated things, for this reason, i made it real simple. only you know your research for this reason, i did not hire an attorney. I knew, down the road if i had gotten a RFE there is nothing much that a attorney could do.
i emailed the department of environmental pollution and water safety people in the state and asked them if they could give me a letter of recommendation based on my thesis. They had asked me to come to their office and give a small presentation, which i did. after that they were more than willing to give me a letter of recommendation. That letter had a state letterhead. Thats about it. Regarding thickness of the packet. mine was around 2 inches thick. i collected a lot of brochures from the state regarding environmental pollution and water quality statistics and made my packet thick. that is all i could really do, especially since i do not have many publications.

I think, if you organize your packet properly, you should be able to do it.
All the best.

Thanks

First of all Congratulations GC_EB1. Your case is a good encouragement for others too. Good luck with your I-485.

Only you know your research for this reason, i did not hire an attorney. I knew, down the road if i had gotten a RFE there is nothing much that a attorney could do.

That is totally true. You know your work best... moreover, things which seem important to you (about your research) might not seem that important to your lawyer.......

I emailed the department of environmental pollution and water safety people in the state and asked them if they could give me a letter of recommendation based on my thesis. They had asked me to come to their office and give a small presentation, which i did. after that they were more than willing to give me a letter of recommendation. That letter had a state letterhead. Thats about it.

This is a novel approach. It is a good idea for others too....

Thanks GC_EB1,
You did a good thing to put the application yourself , I agree one knows the research better than anyone else. Its just like putting together a manuscript or a talk. I have a lawyer, but I love hearing whats the best way to put the story forth, so people can understand your contributions. I think Texas, is more down to earth and realistic. In my RFE they (Nebraska) compared me to the big shots in the field, from who I got the letters, which is so unfair. We are the so called 'aliens' so comparing to best here just hurts.
Anyways got to deal with it. I hear if you send the application directly (regular mail) to Texas they are accepting it....!!!! Thats what my lawyer told me and something I am thinking about.
Any views anybody in the forum.
Thanks