EB1-EA and change of service center

EAGuy

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I currently live in a state under CSC jurisdiction and applied for I-140 under EB1-EA. There is a chance that I will move to work for a new employer in a state under the VSC jurisdiction (same occupational category, more senior level position).

Since EB1-EA is not employer dependent, is that possible to continue from CSC (or go for CP) after I-140 is approved?

EAguy

i think so

thats another advantage for niw/eb1 ( as long as you continue doing a similar job).

That's true, but they say that one must file at the service center where you 'intend' to work which is no longer true in this case.

But I agree that logically, it shouldn't make any difference.

Any inputs are highly appreciated!

EAGuy

Originally posted by EAGuy
Hi!

Since EB1-EA is not employer dependent, is that possible to continue from CSC (or go for CP) after I-140 is approved?

EAguy

Your case would probably be transfered to the appropriate service center once you inform them of an address change.

Brian

Re: Re: EB1-EA and change of service center

Brian,

Thanks a lot for your response. Since its not final yet, what if I-140 gets approved before I move? Any ideas on the possibility of CP in this case.

EAGuy

Originally posted by leroythelion
Your case would probably be transfered to the appropriate service center once you inform them of an address change.

Brian

Re: Re: Re: EB1-EA and change of service center

Originally posted by EAGuy
Brian,

Thanks a lot for your response. Since its not final yet, what if I-140 gets approved before I move? Any ideas on the possibility of CP in this case.

EAGuy

With CP, your case is transferred to the State Department. They only have one service center. I had moved during my CP process. A two minute phone call took care of the address change. They actually answer the phone at NVC.

Brian