EB1-a RFE, please help! Urgent!

sunnie99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, guys:

My husband applied EB1a based on music major and his application was sent to Vermont center on Sep. 30, 2005. Then his case was transferred to NSC in May, 2006. In late July, he got RFE. When we submitted I-140 and I-485, my status was F1 and his was F2. Now both of us are in the status on AOS.

The RFE letter just listed the 10 requirements for EB1a, it didn't specifity the reasons. We asked a very irresponsible laywer to do the service. We made a big mistake! I was sure that the laywer did nothing and only the laywer assistant copied somebody else's petition letters and pasted in my husband's.

Now we are facing three choices:
1. Withdrawl the first case, and re-sumbit another I-140 with well-organized documents.
2. Do the RFE. But just worried a lot that the possiblity of denial on his I-140 is high.
3. Do the RFE, at the same time, submit another I-140 based on EB1-a. Is it possible to do this way? If so, how to handle I-485?

Thanks in advance!

sunnie99 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, guys:

My husband applied EB1a based on music major and his application was sent to Vermont center on Sep. 30, 2005. Then his case was transferred to NSC in May, 2006. In late July, he got RFE. When we submitted I-140 and I-485, my status was F1 and his was F2. Now both of us are in the status on AOS.

The RFE letter just listed the 10 requirements for EB1a, it didn't specifity the reasons. We asked a very irresponsible laywer to do the service. We made a big mistake! I was sure that the laywer did nothing and only the laywer assistant copied somebody else's petition letters and pasted in my husband's.

Now we are facing three choices:
1. Withdrawl the first case, and re-sumbit another I-140 with well-organized documents.
2. Do the RFE. But just worried a lot that the possiblity of denial on his I-140 is high.
3. Do the RFE, at the same time, submit another I-140 based on EB1-a. Is it possible to do this way? If so, how to handle I-485?

Thanks in advance!
first of all you can still change a lawyer , you have 12 weeks to answer the RFE. i would suggest to change lawyer show him RFE and get it done. you can always refile 1-140 if its been denied once, however you must cover all point in RFE response.