EB-2 Filing

weisusu

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

(1) The attorney in my company was going to start the PERM process for me last August 2007 however there was a laid off in my company so the attorney said the PERM would need to be put on hold for 6 months. The attorney will start the PERM process in Feb 2008. My question is that can all the PERM recruitment & advertising works done ahead of time before Feb 2008 as long as they FILE the PERM in Feb 2008?

(2) I joined my current employer as a senior design engineer, and the job requires a BS + 5+ years of experience. When I joined my current employer, I already have 5.5 years of experience gained from my former employers. I only have a BS in engineering so far. I was a design engineer level I and level II when I worked for my former employers and now I am a senior design engineer. Am I eligible for EB2 filing? Is my experience considers as "Progressive Experience" since I consistently worked as a design engineer and my current job is obviously requires an advancing levels of responsibility and knowledge in the specialty?

Answers below:
1. If there was a layoff in the same position in your company, then it is mandatory to wait 6 months before starting the LC. I don't have the answer to the second part of the question. PERM filers - can you add here?
2. Bachelor's degree with 5 years of progressive experience is the minimum requirements for an EB2 case. Additionaly, the job descrption in the Labor Certification should justify the need for such a person.