EB-1a REF from NSC

bearchico

I just got my ref today. The ref seems really tough and I feel so frustrated. Just wonder if anyone could give me some suggestions and ideas for my case. I'm a pianist and had won one international award in Canada, but not very famouse one.

The officer code is NSC/KKB

RD is March 26th

Here is the REF

The documentation submitted with the petition indicates that you are an accomplished young pianist. However, it is not apparent from the evidence that you have the level of acclaim for this visa classification.

8 CFR Part 204.5(h) (2) defines” extraordinary ability” as “ a level of expertise indicating that the individual is one of that small percentage who have risen to the very top of the field endeavor.” 8 CFR Part 204.5 (h) states: (3) A petition for an alien of extraordinary ability must be accompanied by evidence that the alien has sustained national or international acclaim and that his or her achievements have been recognized in the field of expertise.

Please submit any available evidence that would address the issue of your standing in the field of piano performance in terms of sustained national or international acclaim, such as, if applicable, published material about your achievements or career, in publications with national or international circulation. Foreign-language publications, and publications with local or regional circulation, would not qualify as major media under this criterion. For any awards or prizes of which you have submitted evidence, please explain the reputation of the organization granting the award, the significance of the award, the requirements for eligibility to compete for this award, and the criteria used to select the recipient. Please also submit documentary evidence in support of your explanation. If you have a history of remuneration that is at the top tier for pianists employed in the field, please document same.

For your convenience, the evidentiary standards for this classification are repeated below:
Such evidence shall include evidence of a one-time achievement ( that is, a major internationally recognized award) or at least three of the following:

Documentation of the alien’s receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or award for excellence in the field of endeavor;

Documentation of the alien’s membership in associations in the field for which classification is sought, which require outstanding achievements of their members, as judged by recognized national or international experts in their displines or fields;

Published material about the alien in professional or major trade publications or other major media relating to his/her work in the field for which classification is sought. ( Mere reference to the alien’s work or inclusion of the alien’s publications in bibliographies or footnotes is insufficient.) Such evidence must include the title, date, and author of the material, and any necessary translation;

Evidence of the alien’s participation on a panel, or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or an allied field of specialization for which classification is sought;

Evidence of the alien’s original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance in the field;

Evidence of the alien’s authorship of scholarly articles in the field, in professional or major trade publications or other major media;

Evidence of the display of the alien’s works in the field at artistic exhibitions or showcases;

Evidence that the alien has performed in a leading or critical role for organizations or establishments that have a distinguished reputation;

Evidence that the alien has commanded a high salary or other significantly high remuneration for services in relation to others in the field; or

Evidence of commercial successes in the performing arts, as shown by box office receipts or record, cassette, compact disk, or video sales.