EB-1 OR I-140 PP approved after RFE !

TheGreenMile

Registered Users (C)
I just received e-mails from CRIS that my EB-1 OR has been approved by NSC.

Here is the timeline for my application:
140 & 485 RD: 9/20
ND: 10/11
PP Request: 10/25
RFE: 11/3 :eek:
RFE replied: 11/21
AD: 11/29 :D

My RFE was for evidence of permanent employment. I work for an industrial research lab and needless to say, the proof of "permanent" employment was supplied with the original application as well.

Hang on EB1 A/B folks....this RFE business is a ploy to merely gain some time. You will all see approvals soon.
Good Luck !

TheGreenMile said:

My RFE was for evidence of permanent employment. I work for an industrial research lab and needless to say, the proof of "permanent" employment was supplied with the original application as well.

Hang on EB1 A/B folks....this RFE business is a ploy to merely gain some time. You will all see approvals soon.
Good Luck !

Congratulations!!!!!

TheGreenMile said:

Good Luck !

CONGRATS THEGREENMILE !!

EB1A NSC
RD 08/31/06, LUD 09/02, 10/11, 10/12
PP: RD 11/15/06
RFE:11/21/06

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations!!!
Good luck with next step

TheGreenMile said:

Good Luck !

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations!!!

Looks like we see some light at the end of the tunnel :)....best of luck guys n gals :). I still have not heard from the attorney about the RFE. :(.

Good job! and please

Dear my friend TheGreenMile,

Good job and congratulations!

If you have been in this forum for a while, you would probably have read a lot of postings on seeking advice how to answer the RFE people recently received from USCIS.

I totally understand you in that you must have been very busy finishing up the reply to your RFE. Now you are done with your I-140, could you please help other people to better handle their RFEs by answering some of the recent postings on this "NIW and EB-1" subforum? As a first step to show that you care about people in this forum, could you please post your background/qualifications? Thank you and Take care!

TheGreenMile said:
I just received e-mails from CRIS that my EB-1 OR has been approved by NSC......My RFE was for evidence of permanent employment. I work for an industrial research lab and needless to say, the proof of "permanent" employment was supplied with the original application as well. Hang on EB1 A/B folks....this RFE business is a ploy to merely gain some time. You will all see approvals soon.
Good Luck !

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks !

Freeman and others,

Thanks for your messages.

Here is my profile:

-Work as a researcher in an indusrial lab, Masters degree, 6 yrs of research experience.

-8 conference papers, 1 journal paper
All conferences and the journal are very prestigious/selective and have a high impact factor.

-~50 citations
Over 70% of these citations are not merely footnotes. They discuss my work in a lot of detail and state how the authors' ideas are different from mine.

-3 patents.
One of them has a potential of making it to my company's product line.

-6 paper reviews for conferences.
All are highly regarded and I submitted proof of how I was selected to judge those.

-6 very strong reference letters.
1 past collaborator and 5 independent experts whom I had met at conferences and know me from my work. All hot-shots of the level of IEEE Fellow. These letters were a mix from industry and academia and 2 were from Europe. This included people who had cited my work and used it as a reference for their own work.

I do not have stellar credentials as compared to a lot of other members of this forum, but are enough to more than satisfy the criteria of EB-1 OR. I supplied less evidence than most people do, but it was very strong and hit the nail on the head. Also, the manner in which your case is presented also matters. I guess my company's lawyer did a good job.
About answering the RFE, since it was purely administrative, it was handled directly by the management and the lawyers.

I hope this information benefits all !
Good luck !

Thanks!

Dear TheGreenMile,

Thanks for taking your time to tell us your stories! I really appreciate it! Many people, inclusing me, would surely get a great idea how to successfully file I-140 from your experience. I wish you the best luck with, and of course fastest approval for, your I-485. Take care! :)

Congrat!
I think you have the same RFE as mine.
I also get the RFE for my permanent employment proof and my I-140 was approved a day after they received my respond to the RFE... :)

Good luck for the rest...