Easy CP in Sydney, Australia on 27th Nov

goa1

I did the medicals with Dr. Millar in Macquire Street in Sydney. He and his staff was very professional and finished the whole thing within two hours. I got the results and medical documents after two days.

Next:
 Mine was the first interview at 8.00 am
on 27th November.
When I went to the Consulate at 7.30 am the lift taking me to the 59th Floor of MLC center was closed ( they do this on purpose) and hence had to wait below till 7.50 am and go up at about 8 am.

After the security check, we were ushered in.

I had the document in order for myself, wife and child.
The order of the document for Sydney ( this is little different than what it is in Chennai)
0-- Passport with three INS photographs
1-- DS 230 part II
2-- Birth Certificate
3-- Police Records
4-- Marriage Certificate
5-- Employment letter and or Affidavit of Support( if required --in case of Spouse)
6-- IRS 9003 form

The fist lady (native Australian) who checked my documents was very courteous.
First she asked me to pay the visa application fee to the cashier than
She checked all my above documents ( I also had included my bank statements and tax returns-- but she returned them to me). She kept the copies and returned the original.

While checking my wife\'s and child\'s documents, she returned all the affidavit of support documents that I had, and only took copies of employment letter ( I had only one copy and hence she made one copy herself on her photocopy machine-- very helpful) She remarked that one of my wife\'s photo was not showing her ear properly but said she will still take it-- and did not reject it.

Asked me when I will be going back to US after I get the Green Card visa document-- I said within a week.

After all the documents were obtained that lady asked me to wait for about fifteen minutes for the interview.

The interview was very simple. The lady who conducted my interview asked me few questions as to what I do for this company and how long I have been working for this company etc. --Asked my wife as to how long she has been married to me.
--Asked my child as to which grade she is in.
The wholle interview was finished in fifteen minutes.

Than she said everything is fine and asked me to pay the visa issuance fees.

That was it. I got the immigration packets within half hour.
The whole process took about two hours.