Easy CP in CDJ

Yooper

Registered Users (C)
Just came back after successful interview in CDJ as TCN. Interview was a piece of cake, it lasted not more than three minutes for both, my wife and me. Questions like "what is your company\'s name", "how long have you been working", "have you had any problems with your status or with the police", "where did you receive the visa to come to the US", and alike. No additional documents, whether original or copies, besides those indicated in P4 were asked.

My details:
EB-2
PD 03/24/99
LC cleared in Chicago 11/07/00
I-140 filed in NSC 01/31/01, approved 03/01/01
P3 sent to CDJ (as AC-140) 07/03/01
Interview 12/13/01
POE El Paso 12/13/01 - no problems, no questions, took about 20 minutes.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Changes in IV Procedures from October 2001 at Ciudad Juarez

Changes in IV Procedures from October 2001 at Ciudad Juarez

In a development that is completely unrelated to the September 11th incidents, please note that the U.S. Consulate at Ciudad Juarez, Mexico announced that it will no longer be processing immigrant visa cases for non-Mexicans who have filed the I-485 and now wish to consular process. In articles in issues of the MurthyBulletin from last year (2000), we mentioned that Ciudad Juarez was agreeing to help applicants waiting for decisions on their I-485 Adjustment of Status applications with INS. Because of the lengthy delays in adjudicating the I-485, Juarez instituted a procedure for transferring the cases to their consulate, even for non-Mexican applicants.

When the new "V" NIV was instituted, the U.S. Department of State (DOS) indicated that the majority of the V visa applicants would be processed in Mexico. (For more information on the V visa, kindly refer to the V Visa FAQs and other items in the Family section of at MurthyDotCom.) We therefore anticipated that there might be an effect on immigrant visa (IV) processing, since V visas are processed at the IV section, rather than the NIV section at the consulate.

In announcing its intent to stop handling the cases for non-Mexican I-485 applicants, the consulate did indeed mention the V visa caseload as well as the Mexican IV caseload as reasons for its decision.

also approved 12/13...

...although in my case the US consulate messed up by applying for my visa number in the wrong category (EB1 instead of EB3). so they had to call the Department of State and get a new visa number for me which meant I only got done on 12/14.

My details:
Country - South Africa
AOS applied for in TSC 11/07/00 - still not adjudicated
P3 sent to CDJ - 07/23/01
Interview - 12/13/01
POE - Yselete, Garzablanca 12/14/01 - no problems, no questions, took about 40 minutes.

good luck to everyone going to CDJ. the process is very easy and straightforward as long as you have all the required documents.

Ron Gotcher was my attorney - he\'s wonderful. thank goodness it\'s over....

no...

only those who had been accepted for processing prior to 10/01/01 are still being processed.

Congratulations-Was ther a special Visa requirement for going to Mexico?

I just wonder if you went to mexican consulate and whether they asked for appointment letter to get visa.

Entry to Mexico

Not only I didn\'t get Mexican visa, I even didn\'t get a 3-day permit at the border. I crossed a bridge off Stanton Street in a taxi, nobody asked for passports or any other documents on the Mexican side. So we kept on driving straight to the hotel. At no time during our 3-day stay in Ciudad Juarez we were asked for visa or permit.

you don\'t need a visa

if you have an appointment letter for the US Consulate you can get a 3 day permit at the Mexican border when you go in. there is no charge, and it\'s very straightforward. chances are you\'ll be able to drive right into Mexico though without being stopped and asked for the permit. once you\'re in MMexico nobody cares whether you have a permit or not anyway and you don\'t need to show it when you leave either.

Welcome notice

Today received a "Welcome notice" from INS (dated 12/18/01) stating that we should receive plastic cards within 3 weeks. It sounds too good to be true, but we\'ll see...

Received Plastic cards

I have Plastic cards on 12/28/01 exactly 15 days after CP interview and POE. Thanks all of you.

Chakri.