Early green card stages......confused

gtrekker2003

Hi!

I'm new to this forum. A bit of background. I'm a canadian citizen living and working in NY on a TN visa. My company is supposedly sponsoring me for a green card. They claim to have completed the Labour Certification paperwork (i.e. the job postings, etc) and the lawyer says he is now doing a 'posting'. Does anybody know what this means?

Also, it has taken about 10 months to do just the labour certification part, mainly the job postings, adverts, etc. Is this typical? I'm trying to figure out if I'm being taken advantage of by them or whether they're really getting the ball rolling.

Thanks in advance!

gtrekker2003

I'm kinda in the same boat, buddy. The firm I work for took about 10 months to get the paperwork and postings completed and will officially file for LC this week. Since I occassionaly asked about the staus of the filing, they would let me know when a posting was up. Ask the HR dept for job postings regarding the matter. Your firm would not post a job just to yank your chain, because resumes will be submitted and they have to go through them. Once you know the type of posting and dates, you can figure out a time-line of filing i.e. 30 days after posting.

The reason I was given for the delay of filing is that the lawyers wanted to wait and get comfortable with the PERM process :rolleyes:. I'm sure you can find out why it's taking so long in a round-a-bout way. Good luck.