Early FingerPrinting?

Registered Users (C)
Received FP2 notice scheduled for 12/07/2004.

Question:

Can I go for FP2 earlier than the scheduled date? If I can, what should I need to do.... take appointment..etc.

Going earlier is good or bad?

Thank you.

I think it is bad idea, because there should be some reason that's why they are scheduling it. otherwise they would have kept it open for everybody.

but choice is your, that's my input

blinkingstar said:
I think it is bad idea, because there should be some reason that's why they are scheduling it. otherwise they would have kept it open for everybody.

but choice is your, that's my input
Do you have an objective reasoning as to why it is a bad idea? I haven't read anywhere or anyone mention that they have had a problem because they went early. I have heard of people getting it done early, but I don't know for sure if it helped in any way. There could be any number of reasons as to why they schedule it on a particular day - to give enough time time to applicants to make it, schedule the support centers so that they are not all loaded one day and twiddling their thumbs on other days (I personally doubt this, I don't think USCIS is sophisticated enough to do such advanced planning and the day I went to the support center for FP1 there were hardly anyone there).

The only downside I see is, to get the adjudicating officer mad or muddle USICS production plans.. like if they were expecting FP results on a certain date based on schedule date etc, though I seriously doubt this. If they had any such plans, we all would have gotten approvals in the time it takes to snap our finger, not 3 years.

I think its good idea if they take it!! Mine was scheduled for 11/8/04.. i went early and was even approved befor 11/8!

GRCA-2002 said:
I think its good idea if they take it!! Mine was scheduled for 11/8/04.. i went early and was even approved befor 11/8!
Well, here you go. So it does help going early. Thanks GRCA-2002

GRCA-2002 said:

Looks like good idea, mine 2nd FP is scheduled in Dec 04, but I am planning to go this saturday now.

Local Centers open on Saturdays ?

Where could I get the hours for the local application support centers?
I had no idea they were open on Saturdays.

Also-
did you all just go there and walk in- or did you make an appointment through info pass ?

GRCA-2002 said:

What is your city? Did you take any appointment?

I am located in Detroit.

Thank you.

9296 said:
What is your city? Did you take any appointment?

I am located in Detroit.

Thank you.

I have done my FP twice at St Louis earlier than scheduled date and was OK. But I have heard that someone was denied to take early FP at St Louis and Detroit. Just depend on your luck.