Early Fingerprinting possible in Charlotte

gcnowhere

Registered Users (C)
Our i-485 is filed form TSC and my wife received FP notice to attend on Dec 03rd. I had not received mine yet. But since we were going to be out of town, we first tried the ASC in Raleigh, but they stopped fingerprinting for Immigration since Oct 01st 2004. So we went to Charlotte on the next day morning (October 30th Saturday) and the guard just let us in without looking at the date. Then at the counter, i asked them if i could complete my fingerprints too (without having the notice), and they AGREED!!!.
Extremely courtious folks in Charlotte. We got done at one shot, even without my notice. First thing that happened fast in my entire process.

Will be happy to answer any questions that folks might have.

Best of luck!
GcNowHere :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi GCnowhere,
did you have to take an appt in Charlotte ? i am in the same situation as you were. I have my FP appt on Dec 4th but my spouse still hasnt gotten the FP. We are from raleigh too and were about to inquire at the Raleigh office this week. Thank you for the info you posted that they no longer do FP here.

I should have tried the way gcnowhere did the FP. I haven't gotten my FP notice yet whereas my wife did her FP in Mar 04 at Raleigh.
Our ND for 140 & 485 : Nov 17, 2003

Aneesh, No i did not take an appointment from Charlotte, We just walked in to the ASC. And requested to get my FP done (at the counter, not the guard).

Early Finger Printing at Charlotte ASC

GCNowhere,

What is the status of your case???

I am also in the same situation like yours. My wife got her first FP and I went with her to Charlotte ASC and requested my FP also. The officer was agreed for my FP also. So, we gave our FPs together on the same day (11/12/2004).

I don't know how the USCIS updates our case status.

Gcnowhere.......... Did you hear anything about your case and how it changed in the online case status?

In how many days your case status has been updated?

Please share your experiences with me.

Iam new to this group.

My details are as follows:
I-485 ND : 11/20/2002 (Both my wife and myself)
First FP : 11/12/2004

my FP appt date is on Dec 28th

my fp date at charlotte uscis is 28th december. Can we call and prepone the appt? Please let me know.

Thanks
Aravind741

My online message changed today as follows:

On November 24, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

My wife's status has not been updated yet.

-Satya
Our 485 ND : 11/20/2002
Our FP Done: 11/12/2004

finally received FP notice

i received my FP notice after 15 months of filing I-485 .My notice date for I-485 is 8/13/04.

Charlotte ASC office is really good. They take walk in at that office. I went there in October to do my FP and I was the only one doing FP. You don't even need to make info pass appointment. They said people go in there with on notice and they still do it. GO TO CHARLOTTE FOR FP guys.

LUD not changed yet

I did early FP2 at charlotte on Nov 20th 2004. I called FBI and asked about the status. The FBI person told that FP2 was sent back to INS on the same day. But No LUD changes yet.

Anyone in the same situation?
Thanks
aravind741 :confused:

NCgirl did the LUD change for you after FP2

NCgirl
did the LUD change for you after FP2. What was your original FP date ?

Thanks

I contacted Congressman about my second finger prints. They informed me that my finger prints scheduled on 1/13/05 at 12:00. Recently I moved to new apartment. I checked with my old postman. he said he returned those notices back to USCIS.

I requested TSC to send the finger prints again to new address. If I don't get the finger print notices before 1/13/05, can I directly goto Charlette office on 1/13/05 and give the FP without FP notice.

When you enter, do we have to show FP notice?

Thanks in advance
GCNC