Eagerly expect family reunited!

Colomb

Registered Users (C)
I petitioned I-730 for my wife and son in Feb.,2002 and got approval in July,2002.But up to now nothing happens!I once inquired the National Visa Center,they checked and told me that the case had been delivered to the U.S. embassy in my home country.They also gave me the phone number of the embassy for enquiry.But I didn't call as I'm afraid the phone might be monitored by my home country's regime.Now it's nearly one year and a half since my petition,what the hell happens?

Any friends here have the same experience?Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Colomb
I petitioned I-730 for my wife and son in Feb.,2002 and got approval in July,2002.But up to now nothing happens!I once inquired the National Visa Center,they checked and told me that the case had been delivered to the U.S. embassy in my home country.They also gave me the phone number of the embassy for enquiry.But I didn't call as I'm afraid the phone might be monitored by my home country's regime.Now it's nearly one year and a half since my petition,what the hell happens?

Any friends here have the same experience?Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Contact the Senator in your district and let him or her contact the embassy there. Make sure you look first at his or her web site and see if that senator is pro-immigration lawmaker. Remember also, that if you are from a country that has ties with terrorism, there is a high chance that they are doing extensive background checks on your family so be patient.

Thank you so much for your suggetion,Shamshon.

I would try to find something helpful as you said.