EAD2 RFE says I need to fingerprint and do biometrics by scheduling oppointment

AbGCDeDo

Registered Users (C)
Heard this before ? I did not do any of this appointment things for my EAD1.
ANyone efiled EAD2 recently please post their experience. Thank You

The 'new' EAD card is made by the same contractor that makes the green cards. The 'biometrics' appointment is not a big deal. They take 1 fingerprint and a digital picture to put on the card. Your old card might still have been processed in the old paper pencil way.

AbGCDeDo said:

I've applied EAD2 thru my attorney....but nothing so far not even a receipt...let us know your experience when you go for biometrics apptt.

AbGCDeDo said:

If you e-filed, you must also have a WAC number, which you will only get after supplying your credit card number (as I did). I'm not sure what happens if you decide to pay by check. However, if you did use your credit card and received a WAC number on your receipt, call up the NCSC 800 number and make a biometrics appointment. The USCIS rep will ask you for this WAC number and then for zip code etc. and will give you an appointment at a local ASC over the phone. In my case, it was the very next day at 2.00pm at Oakland CA. You will have a choice of date/time though. I picked the earliest available. When calling the 800 number its good to have A# (if applicable), 485 WAC number on hand to avoid having to call again.

Take the receipt you printed out and go to the ASC with appropriate ID. They know what you have come for and will fingerprint and photograph (frontal passport sized) you. That's it. Then wait for your LUD to change on the online portfolio at the USCIS website when the service center receives the information from the ASC. Actual EAD will be processed according to the timeframe specified by USCIS and then again maybe not!

Good luck

memsg

Last edited by a moderator:
If yoy efile you have to go for finger printing. To avoid this I applied by mail and I got approved recently. USCIS says

Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
If you are E-Filing Form I-765, you do NOT need to submit paper photographs. However, you will need to go to one of USCIS’ Application Support Centers for the electronic capture of a photograph, fingerprints and signature. See Scheduling An Appointment for Fingerprinting and Photographs.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/e-photo.htm

AbGCDeDo said:

did u efile??