Ead

chapter11

Registered Users (C)
Friends

Need you advise on this.

I work for a Fortune 500 company.My EAD is going to expire on 1/17/03.Applied EAD renewal on 11/5/02.got RFE for photo.photo received by INS on 12/26/02.

My question is if my EAD does not get renewed by 1/17/03,what are my options.

Thanks for your help

Chapter 11

I just went thru exactly the same situation-

Had sent in my ead renewal app on 10/22/2002 , the EAD expired on 12/17/2002 and till then I had not recd the renewal ead.
As a result, the company put me on leave of absence and said that I can resume as soon as the new EAD comes.

On Jan 02 2003, my renewal ead got approved (card not recd). My HR dept is ok with on-line approval msg, so I will be starting tomorrow.

In my case, I went to the HR dept and expalined them the whole situation upfront about 2 weeks ahead of ead expiration.

Hi chapter11,

My ead will expire on 01/07/03. I applied for ead renewal. But I received an rfe on 12/03/02. I was anxious then and I e-mailed my HR if I can work in my company after 01/07/03 without the approval of my ead.
Here is the response:

I emailed the attorney. Since the REF was sent today, he may not get it for a few days....He'll let us know what's up when he receives it.

You can work on an EAD up to 240 days after it expires. And your H-1B is good til 1/15/04. Have you traveled and re-entered the US on your Advance Parole yet?

I think you can work after 01/17/03. Talk with your atterney asap. Anyway I will work after 01/07/03 since my company doesn't have any problem with that.

manush

Folks

INS received the RFE on 1/6/03.The site is updated.

How long does INS take to approve the case after receiving the
RFE ?

My EAD expires on 1/17/03

Thanks

Chapter 11

Hi Chapter11

Don't worry. It will be approved pretty soon. Last time They issued rfe for AP (for photos only), when INS rcvd, they approved my application within a week.
You can except it any time. btw..my EAD also expires on same day and I am still waiting for approval.

Mine also expires by Jan/17/03....Still no news from INS...According to my attorney in worst case i need to go with Leave of Absence.... I still have the hope of getting the approval...Will see....Mines is an RD Dec/06/2002

Hi

I got a call from my HR folks who says that if my EAD is not renewed by 1/17/03 i will be put on "Administrative Leave"

Do any of you have an idea what "Administrative Leave " ?

Thanks

Chapter 11

Today I got my and my wifes EAD Renewal... I am so happy to see it online...
Chapter 11, Dont loose hope, You will get it before 17 th...May god be with you...