EAD without i-485?

golubika said:
Hello,

Can the spouse of a US citizen file for EAD without filing the i-485?

Thank you

Do you want to just get EAD without applying I-485?

Possible: Yes....
For example: F1 visa holders (Students) can apply for EAD based on economic necessity

Post all your details b4 we guide you further.

Thank you.

My husband has H1-B visa. We want to get his green card ASAP. We live in NYC where the process can tak 1-3 years. One of the options we are looking at is that we were could move to Dallas, where the entire process can take 3 months. However, since my husband has H1-B and he is on his 6th year of extention he has to stay with the same company to keep his status and work.

So we were thinking is there a way to get his EAD without filling i-485 in NYC? If yes, after recieving EAD he could quit his current job, find a new job in Dallas and then we could move to Texas and apply for i-485 (filing for DORA).

Another option is to be able to convince my husband´s employer that he can work from home in Texas, move to Dallas and file for DORA.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

golubika said:
Thank you.

My husband has H1-B visa. We want to get his green card ASAP. We live in NYC where the process can tak 1-3 years. One of the options we are looking at is that we were could move to Dallas, where the entire process can take 3 months. However, since my husband has H1-B and he is on his 6th year of extention he has to stay with the same company to keep his status and work.

So we were thinking is there a way to get his EAD without filling i-485 in NYC? If yes, after recieving EAD he could quit his current job, find a new job in Dallas and then we could move to Texas and apply for i-485 (filing for DORA).

Another option is to be able to convince my husband´s employer that he can work from home in Texas, move to Dallas and file for DORA.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance
Why not just apply and wait 3 years? You will get the EAD in 3 months. If your husband does not want to travel outside the country why push so hard and take risks?

I assume you are a USC.

I am a USC.

Actually, being able to stay outside of the US for some time is the reason we want to get it faster.

Thank you

golubika said:
I am a USC.

Actually, being able to stay outside of the US for some time is the reason we want to get it faster.

Thank you
Then I think the best option would be to convince your husband's employer to let him work from Dallas. Also, please do not that although DORA guarnatees the GC in 3 months, their guarantee is based on their internal process. Any external processes such as name check and FP could delay the results for as long as infinite number of months specially if your husband was born in one of the FBI watch list countries.

Eric,

Thank you for your participation.

My husband is from Brazil.
How was your initial interview? Any hard questions?

Thank you