EAD waiting time

Denali

Registered Users (C)
I submitt my paperwork to INS on february 16th(receipt date) since than I am waitning for my EAD .I did have biometrics taken (code 2) on march 10th and after that I didnt received anything from INS regarding my EAD.Does anybody here have received EAD lately with similar receipt date.I just dont know what to do anymore it will be almost 90 days since I submit my application. :confused:

My receipt date for EAD was feb 15, biometrics done on march 7th, EAD was approved on 26 april, and I got the card in the mail shortly afterwards.

Looks like yours gonna be approved any day now. If it doesn't happen and 90 days have passed since your NOA date, you can go for an infopass appointment (if it's not a too long trip for you) and ask for interim EAD.

Good luck.

My receipt date is Feb 22nd. Biometrics done on March 31st. LUD was on April4th. No EAD so far. I am eagerly waiting for it :confused:

applied for EAD for my mom on Jan. 25th... finger printing done in feb. nothing so far.. we got infopass and got IEAD... and calledthe 1-800 number, they said that uscis is working on EAD submitted in early february, and when we are 30 days behind uscis processing( in about 3 wks)we can inquire again by phone.

I hope that I will get it soon.It has been a long wait for me.Lost two really great job offers bec I did not have EAD. Should I go to the local INS on 16 of May(90days since RD) or 21 of May(90 days since ND)?

I had RFE send to me on April 5 so I send everything back with INS reciept dat April 27.
They did update on my documents May 2 and then again on May6 stating the same info(we rec'd it and keep waiting) so I guess all that is slowing my already slow process even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denali said:
I submitt my paperwork to INS on february 16th(receipt date) since than I am waitning for my EAD .I did have biometrics taken (code 2) on march 10th and after that I didnt received anything from INS regarding my EAD.Does anybody here have received EAD lately with similar receipt date.I just dont know what to do anymore it will be almost 90 days since I submit my application. :confused:

You are mostly likely receiving an email this week or the following.

Dude, you're not really going to get a good feel about when you should be looking at getting your EAD approved by just asking random people on here when they got theirs approved because the speed of yours getting approved all depends on your district office .

To get a more accurate estimate of when you should be looking at getting your EAD, check this link out https://www.visapro.com/ins-processing-times.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
chills said:
Dude, you're not really going to get a good feel about when you should be looking at getting your EAD approved by just asking random people on here when they got theirs approved because the speed of yours getting approved all depends on your district office .

To get a more accurate estimate of when you should be looking at getting your EAD, check this link out https://www.visapro.com/ins-processing-times.asp

Dude, EAD for c(9) category is handled by the NBC (not the DO) and everyone has approximately similar timelines. I agree that each case is unique and some take long and some get approved quicker, but on the whole, the timeline is pretty consistent (60- 90 days). You should look at the EAD timeline here to get an accurate picture. http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=187359

EAD time line for my mom & dad

Applied Feb. 14, 2006.
ND Feb. 21, 2006.
FP done Apr. 4, 2006.
EAD received May 11, 2006.