EAD- Waiting for over 60 days since RFE received at VSC

radhika91

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I need advice from people who have been through RFE's on EAD and how to address the issue.
I had RFE on EAD for photograph which was received by VSC on May 05, 2004 and it is over 60 days since the RFE was received but till date, there is same message.
I don't know what to do. Anyone has any suggestions.
I have been to Philly twice before for Interim EAD before receiving RFE and both times, I came back without any resuly wasting so much time.
Please give suggestions.
Thanks

If the EAD_RD > 90 days then you should be able to get iEAD without any problem. Parallely try to call National customer serivce number to explain the situation.

Other option is, Employer can send an expedite request showing the importance of your services required by employer.

If you are running out of time (working on EAD and it is expiring soon), then approach your congress man and explain the situation. That might work. I had a exactly similar situation last year. The local office refused to give iEAD because of RFE. Finally i approached my congress man and my EAD was approved on the same day after congress man's (his assistant's) intervention.
If your request is genuine and strong, you have more chances of getting help from them.

My wife case also (EAD)

My wife had an RFE for photos and it was submitted to USCIS back on April 28, 2004. Until now, nothing has changed except for the online msg which reads "On April 28, 2004, we recd. your response...".

Whats going on??

Apparently it seems, VSC restarts the 90 day clock from the time it receives the response for RFE. Last year, 90 days after receiving my EAD application they issued me an RFE. They wanted a copy of my I-94, which I had supplied with my original application but my employer took it out while attaching the check and mailing it to VSC *SHRUG*.

After they received my RFE my online message used to say something to the effect that RFE response was receving and while the standard processing time is 90 days (or something like that), there should be a decision on this application sooner because most of the processing was complete. However, they still took their sweet time and only approved it after another 90 days.

While my previous EAD was expired, I didn't go for an iEAD because my employer covered me by applying for H1B extension.

I think dsatish offered a very reasonable advice. I would take it if I were in your shoes.