EAD transferred to Boston but they refuse process..

minammmmmm

Registered Users (C)
My EAD renewal case was transferred here to Boston office as my I-485 had been transferred. So, I went to Boston office for EAD renewal but they said they would send application to Chicago .. and let them handle it.. why Chicago ?? I'm totally confused. Besides, they took additional $120 even if I said I had already paied to VSC... Any idea ??

Sorry, I don't get it.. Could you guess what's happening here in Boston CIS ??

Originally posted by Milko_Djurovski
Chicago is MSC or the national benefits center. You might be luckier then you think...

Chicago is the mailing address and (i think) the physical location of the Missouri Service Center or what is now known as the National Benefits Center. This center does not take cases directly, it takes overflow cases from regional and district service centers and also cases of national importance. So, if you look at the processing dates, it has been the best one, as it had no initial backlog to clear. So, that is why I am saying you might be lucky as one would think an approval would be faster there than in Boston, including waiting for an interview.

Sorry again... I was talking about transferred EAD renewal (I-765) from VSC to Boston.. and Boston has just bounced it to Chicago. BTW, my I-485 interview will be held this month.. you think Boston office may not proceed the interview either ?? And may toss it to Chicago too ??????? I'm very confused...

Originally posted by Milko_Djurovski
Chicago is the mailing address and (i think) the physical location of the Missouri Service Center or what is now known as the National Benefits Center. This center does not take cases directly, it takes overflow cases from regional and district service centers and also cases of national importance. So, if you look at the processing dates, it has been the best one, as it had no initial backlog to clear. So, that is why I am saying you might be lucky as one would think an approval would be faster there than in Boston, including waiting for an interview.

What makes you think that it bounced it to Chicago? I don't know enough about the interview process to speculate who has it. If Boston is interviewing you, wouldn't they be required to take at least part-time ownership of it? Or will the interview results be sent to Chicago? Looks like a good candidate case for a lawyer/congressman/senator inquiry to me. Sorry, just wanted to clarify what Chicago, not confuse you :cool:

I think what will happen is your EAD will be reviewed, approved and issued by Chicago/NBC, but your interview will still be in Boston.

National imp??

hi milko
why do you think cases of national importance are transferred to missouri.
I have seen only the ones from backlog places like NY or atlanta being transferred there. None of the ones that were transferred were done solely based on their cases being National interest ( although these are almost surely transferred to the local office).
can you give evidence for your theory.
thanks.

Re: National imp??

Originally posted by ag28
hi milko
why do you think cases of national importance are transferred to missouri.
I have seen only the ones from backlog places like NY or atlanta being transferred there. None of the ones that were transferred were done solely based on their cases being National interest ( although these are almost surely transferred to the local office).
can you give evidence for your theory.
thanks.

Sorry, should have been clearer, but what I said was the overflow, REGARDLESS of category it would appear, from those offices is being transferred. Which says the samething you just did.. so we're :cool:

Same here

Just coincidence, I guess I was also in the Boston INS Office this morning for my EAd Renewal and had to face the same thing. They took the application,support documents and money order and put them into an envelope saying that they would forward it to the chicago center for further processing and that I would hear from the chicago center in about 4 weeks. I didn't have photographs with me so I did not include the Photographs. I called my attorney immediately for advise and she suggested that I wait for an RFE for Photos and then submit them.I have one more question. How long is it taking to receive interview notifications once your case is transfered to the Boston Office. My case was transfered in early jan 2004 and I have not received any thing regarding my interview yet.. Please clarify , if you are in the same boat.

Thanks

Madhu Nair

Re: Same here

you also paid twice ??? one to vsc, the other to bos ?? it's ridiculous. BTW, you'll get the letter in a month, i guess.

Originally posted by mcnair
Just coincidence, I guess I was also in the Boston INS Office this morning for my EAd Renewal and had to face the same thing. They took the application,support documents and money order and put them into an envelope saying that they would forward it to the chicago center for further processing and that I would hear from the chicago center in about 4 weeks. I didn't have photographs with me so I did not include the Photographs. I called my attorney immediately for advise and she suggested that I wait for an RFE for Photos and then submit them.I have one more question. How long is it taking to receive interview notifications once your case is transfered to the Boston Office. My case was transfered in early jan 2004 and I have not received any thing regarding my interview yet.. Please clarify , if you are in the same boat.

Thanks

Madhu Nair