EAD to be filed for the THIRD time..anyone else on the same boat?

spm

Registered Users (C)
I need to file for EAD for the 3rd time in MAY 2003 I did my FP in early Feb of this year. It took 6 months and 4 visits to the Local INS office to finally get EAD last time.(had applied 5 and a half months in advance and still had to go through a lot of pain to finally get EAD) So this time I want to apply 6 months in advance.
Since there have been no steady stream of 485 approvals recently, I am thinking a 3rd EAD seems inevitable. BTW my H-1 has expired and I have to rely on EAD.
ANY ONE ELSE IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME? Are you guys gonna file for EAD soon?

485 rd -AUG 2001
:mad:

Hi Ditto here,

I 've just sent my extension docs to my attorney and he may apply in a week or two. BTW, my EAD will expire in 11/14/03. I would like to give plenty of time to INS(BCIS) to approve the EAD/AP extensions.

- Why-R

oh yes! we are in the same boat.since my 2nd EAD expires in sept end i am planing to file my third EAD this week.don have any option.we too had our FP done in feb 1st week.

After seeing all you guys applying for EAD, I am thinking of applying too. I just went through hassle of getting an interim EAD and then approval came in Dec. 2002. It expires 12/18/03.

Should I wait or apply now? Million dollar question in TSC....

ND - 9/12/01
FP - 2/12/03

I have applied too - 3rd time

I have just send in our (Wife and I) 3rd renewal applications to my attorney.

Our EAD expires in Aug'03 and AP in July'03. COmpleted FP in Dec '02.

Had called TSC to ask if I should apply or wait for approval (thinking this way IIOs can give some definite answer).. IIO said if you want to continue to work and maintain status.. better do it now..

So.. wait continues..

PD 2/98 (Yeah Completed 5th aniversary of GC process).

485 Data
RD - 6/01
ND - 7/01
FP - 12/02
AD - ????
3rd EAD applied
3rd AP applied

I'm in the same boat.

rd 485: 7/01
fp: 2/03

about to file third EAD. It's much safer to file the EAD than to bet on the 485 approval in 6 months.

Hey guys its really depressing to see so many of us in similar situation.....I truly hope this never ending wait ends soon.....I saw a glimmer of hope when a couple of guys were being approved...but the approvals are far too few and in between...so there is not much to hope I guess ........I guess its very realistic to apply for EAD rather than hope and pray that our case will be approved before the current EAD expires. I need to apply for AP one more time.:(

Jbond_007, I think you still have a month and a half(till Mid May/Early June) on your side before u can apply(hope for the best!)

Akaman, similar to ur case,we completed our 4 1/2 year anniversary recently of this GC process:mad:

Plasticcard have u already applied for the 3rd EAD?

Hi, I am waiting for the approval of my 3rd ead which was filed on dec 12th. nd 12/16/2002. No website update or anything. My Ead expied mar 20th. Fp in 3/20/2002 which is going to expire soon.
Hopefully this month brings some good news for all of us!!!

I am in the same boat. I-485 ND 07-2001.

2nd EAD expires in July 16th. Applied renewal in Feb 21. But I never got the receipt only SRC number from cashed check. I am not sure if it is suffient to get the interim EAD if I don't get approval on time from Texas.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Renewing fro third time

I am in the same boat; I applied for third time at Mar 28, 03 got receipt last Friday, which says "It will take approximately 80 days to make a decision on this kind of case then blah, blah...” My question is I thought it would take b/w 150-180 days since they recently change the processing dates on EAD, maybe its for new once since mine is a renewal for the third time how pathetic renewing for the third time.

I-485, RD 5/01
:eek:

I applied for 3rd EAD on dec12th and is approved according to web site on apr 1st. Waiting for the card. My spouse applied for EAd which will expire in Sep 03 on Mar 28th/03 bcos we saw on the website that it can take anywhere from 120-180 days. we received a receipt notice today with RD 4/1/2003 and says it takes 80 days to process this type of case.
In the meantime my fp was done on apr2nd 2002 which will be expiring soon. Any ideas as to when will i get an approval?
Thanks and good luck to everybody!

Is it really taking 80 days for EAD renewal now? Does that mean we don' t have to apply 6 months in advance for the renewal of EAD? What do you guys think ? Appreciate your input.