EAD- Second Job Related Questions

i14-waiter

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have couple of Questions reagrding EAD and jobs the applicant can take up.

1. If the applicant leaves the current job (with the sponsor), what are the effects and are there ways to mitigate them.

2. If the applicant takes up jobs with any other employer (including MacDonald's) as second job, how it will be affected.
Sponsor runs payroll for part-time hours.

3.How is the second job defined in terms of number of hours etc

4. What are things to be (not) done if applicant primary employment and takes full time job with others.

Any information is highly appriciated

Originally posted by i14-waiter
Hi,

I have couple of Questions reagrding EAD and jobs the applicant can take up.

1. If the applicant leaves the current job (with the sponsor), what are the effects and are there ways to mitigate them.

You need to find same/ simmilar job with what your labor apporved with same salary range for atleast 40 hours then you can take advantage of AC21 (if your application is not process for more than 180 days)

2. If the applicant takes up jobs with any other employer (including MacDonald's) as second job, how it will be affected.
Sponsor runs payroll for part-time hours.

Other job can be full time or part time. but you need to have your current job with job descritption in LC (there are lots of ins and out, it depend on lawyer how he can handle your case)

3.How is the second job defined in terms of number of hours etc

It can be any number of hours as long you can do it. there is no limitation.

4. What are things to be (not) done if applicant primary employment and takes full time job with others.

See # 1

Any information is highly appriciated