EAD renwal, please advise

too_long

Registered Users (C)
My EAD expires on soon, I applied for the fifth EAD (security check, another long story) on less than 90 days before expiration. Mainly I screwed up and did not apply earlier. I assumed my seniority warrants speedy processing of EAD renewal lol :) :)
My employer is a small company and they dont know much about checking validity of EADs. They might also freek out if I get with them into all complexities of this issue.

Do I need to tell my employer and get taken off payroll? or can I continue working based on the fact that I already applied and can continue to work because my EAD renwal is pending?
I understand that with EAD renwal pending, I can continue to work, and may be i have to file 245 (1000$) fine.

Get an Infopass

It is not legal to work on an expired EAD even if you have a pending EAD. my suggestion is to get an infopass and go to the local office and apply for a temp EAD, that is what I did when I applied for my EAD and did not get it on time, I went to the local office even before 90 days and they gave me an EAD on the spot, the other EAD did not come till after a year and half so you do not want to work illegally at all, let alone for more than 6 months and jeoprdize your 485.

Spartakus