EAD Renewal

infyniti

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I have couple of questions

1) Can we apply for renewal for EAD by ourself or do we have to go to a lawyer.
2) If I decide to apply myself, which address to mail my EAD.

Please advice

Thanks in advance

Do it yourself

You can do it yourself, I applied for my EAD renewal @ 2 weeks back. Very simple, just takes 15-20 min and address it to yourself.

You can post it to:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87765
Lincoln, NE 68501-7765

Just as a general advice to all, this is a very commen question. Please use the search option before posting such questions. There will be dozens of threads regarding this. Also for address, fees and other FAQ's the best source is the USCIS site. In the time it took you to type the question, you could have gone to uscis.gov and got the answer yourself. Look in the forms and fees section, and select the appropriate form.

You can apply online too for EAD renewal at the USCIS site. I did it 1 week back.
If you do so you do not need to mail anything. you only need to go to a local centre and give you and your wife's photo, digital signature and index finger print after you apply online.
No need to go via lawyer and pay extra fees. It is a fairly simple application

rs74, you DO need to need to send the supporting documents after filing electronically.

<<
You can apply online too for EAD renewal at the USCIS site. I did it 1 week back.
If you do so you do not need to mail anything. you only need to go to a local centre and give you and your wife's photo, digital signature and index finger print after you apply online.
No need to go via lawyer and pay extra fees. It is a fairly simple application

>>

RS74 -- Did the local centre accept your application for the photo, digital signature and index finger print. The Detroit Local office told me that they do not do travel documents. So I called USCIS and they told me that it was not necessary. They just asked me to send the Confirmation Receipt and two photographs. Nothing else was required.

Did anybody have the same experience ? Ofcourse...I will post if I get any updates.

You can only apply for EAD Renewal online. AP has to be done by mail.
In an online application you do not need to mail any supporting information in the beginning.
Only if they ask you than you will need to send it