EAD Renewal Question...

nsc1000

Registered Users (C)
My First EAD is about 4 months away from expiring and I had a few questions about EAD renewal.

1) Since I already have an EAD card do I need to reapply to NSC in Nebraska for EAD renewal or can I get it from my local INS office on the same day.
2) If it goes through the NSC in Nebraska, does the 90 day rule before one can go to the local office to get the EAD apply.

I had talked to my companies Immig. representative and they said that I could get my renewal EAD from the local INS office on the spot. For some reason I think that this person is mis-informed and the process for renewal EAD is the same as for getting the first EAD>

My particulars
EB3 RD 10/00 ND 11/00 FP 03/01 AP ????

Thanks for your help.

EAD from local INS

Dependintg on the place you are staying you can get EAD faster than applying at NSC.
I have the procedure posted below for local EAD renewal. I did renew my EAD from Chicago INS. Hope this helps.

Contact your local INS and find if they issue the EAD with walk-in appointments if not. Get the local address for the EAD application to be mailed.
Most of the procedure below is common for all the INS.
====================================================
EAD RENEWAL
I renewed my EAD in Chicago. The following is the procedure.
 - -Get the EAD form from one of these web sites. Fill it Up.
Along with this send the following
- -Two Passport size pictures
- -cashiers check/Money Order for $100 payable to INS.
- -attach a copy of your I-485 receipt.
- -attach a copy of your previous EAD.

Mail the package to INS
==================================================
In about 30-40 days you will get an interview/appointment letter (printed on green colored paper)). On the appointed day go to the INS office and take with you

- -copy of the application (which you had mailed a month before (to be safe)
- -your passport (Show it only if they ask for it)
- -Drivers License(Show this if you are asked for a picture ID)
- -I-485 receipt (Original if you have it)

They will take your fingerprint and signature (within a box on) the FP sheet. They will take your picture and have your EAD in 10 minutes.

The whole process takes 30-45 minutes once you get in the building.
Please post your concern and will be happy to help.

GOOD LUCK
===========================================================

Which Form

Is the form to renew EAD same as the one used to get the initial EAD? That is I-765 form.