EAD renewal question...someone please Urgent

abci

Registered Users (C)
I received RFE from VSC & hence have to apply for EAD renewal since i dont know when i will get approval.My questions.

1) Is it OK for me to apply myself with all documents or should i go through attorney?
2)How long does it take to get EAD renewed?
3)Will i receive a receipt notice from VSC for renewal?

No Title

I know a friend who applied EAD by himself (first EAD though) and got it approved without problem. BTW, his ND is OCT-99. :-(

Sorry to hear about your RFE! Good luck and hope it gets approved fast.

in checked today morning.

RFe issued yesterday..oct 17th.

The last thing i wanted to hear.

No Title

The last thing you would have wanted was a transfer. At least you didn\'t get that. Let me know if you need info from my friend about applying EAD on own.

Thanks gc_ss...but dont u think transfer is better

After transfer they usually give interview in 2-3 months and then it is all over right?

I am more interested in knowing about renewal and if they issue receipt notices for that and how long it takes.

Maybe ask him exactly how long it took.

No Title

As far as I can remember, it took less than a month from the date he sent the application and the date he got the card (pretty fast) but I will get the actual dates and any other suggestions he has.

As far as transfer goes, what you say is also true. Once the interview is over you know right away, but then getting the interview date is a problem. It can take upto 3 months from some of the postings I have seen. I have seen RFE approvals from the next day they get the RFE response to 3 months. So I guess both are equally bad.

Good luck!

Very Simple

I applied my first EAD on 8/30/01 by myself. Go to www.shusterman.com.
There is a fillable I-765 form. Fill out in internet, print and sign.
Attached copies of I-485 receits, passport, front and back of current EAD and I-94. Mail to INS. In one month you can get EAD. I got mine approved on 9/20/01 and real card on 9/24/01.
Note: Read instruction carefully but don\'t need send to INS. only a page you need to send.

Feyang..one last question.

Did you send the blue form (signature card) with I-765? Where did you get it from? Thanks

EAD Renewal

My case is same as yours,

I just applied for renewal. You don\'t have to send the Blue card. If you want it, you can get it from your local INS office or INS Authorized Photoshops.

Any ???s, feel free to ask.