EAD Renewal question ... somebody please.....

sp rao

Registered Users (C)
have valid H1-B for another two years, My lawer applied for EAD when I filed I-485. EAD is expired now.
Do I need to renew my EAD or since I have valid H1-B Can I skip EAD now.
I am working only with my employer. Even though I have EAD for past one year I never used it.

I am wondering do i need to renew my EAD, eventhough I have valid H1-B for another two years?

Thanks
   ss

No Title

Subbu, why don\'t you call VSC at: 802-527-4913. Because, your kind of situation is little tricky and only INS can give you an accurate anwer. I have a feeling that, once you get an EAD, your H1 becomes invalid. But I have heard some people say, you can keep H1 status if you stay with the same employer and do not accept any new job. So to be sure, please call INS and they will give you a more accurate anwer.

No Title

No. You are on H1 as long as you did not use your EAD. This is w.r.t. previous law. No need to renew your EAD if you do not intend to work on it. Moreover you don\'t need your AP for travel. As per the current law you can renew your H1(every year) after 6 years.

Moreover calling IIO to enquire this, I don\'t think so will work. Since from the postings here how is that you are going to relay on their feed back. If you have doubts it would be more appropriate to ask your (immigration)laywer. I am not disputing previous post but my views on IIO\'s.