EAD Renewal Problem

SreeRaj

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I have my second EAD which is going to expire on May 27th 2004.

I havd had to apply the EAD renewal thru company lawyers, and though I sent them the documents on Feb 12th, they filed very late.

As I waited for EAD receipt for so long, the lawyer's office received it and they say that the receipt date is March 2nd and the USCIS website says March 5th.

Ok, the real problem is that by or before May 27th, I would not have completed 90 days to go and get IEAD from local USCIS office after having filed so late.

I talked to lawyers and they say it is ok, you can take unpaid vacation and it is going to be a long weekend on May 31st or some crap. Now what should I do? Is there any way I can ask the process to be expedited?

Will there be any problems, if I go to get the IEAD from local office? Will there be any problem since I am going to be out of work authorization for some time?

Please help me by writing some advices.

Thanks
SreeRaj

Try your luck at local INS

There was some previous posts that people got their interim EAD before 90 days. But you have to try your luck and try to get the IIO's sympathy.

Right now many applicants get their EAD in less than two months. Again, hope you will be one of them.

ganshm

Don't worry

EAD renew seems to be fast. BCIS received mine in Jan 27 and approved it Mar. 8th, several other post stating the same trend.

It takes about 7 weeks. So I think you are ok.

I was put out of work for 10 weeks due to late EAD renew for my second EAD. Now I learn, mine is expiring in June and I have renewed it, the valid date on the card I just received is from June.

---------------------------------------------------------
I-485 WAC 02-046-5xxxx

Re: Don't worry

Now I learn, mine is expiring in June and I have renewed it, the valid date on the card I just received is from June.

Sounds they are becoming smart.
Valid date from expiration date of previous means less EAD filings per year. Therefore,
less resources are needed for EAD proceessing, more resources can be allocated for AOS processing.