EAD Renewal is automatic after 90days of applying!

nell02

Registered Users (C)
This is found in http://www.immihelp.com in the section EAD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extension of EAD
It is advisable to apply for your extension more than 90 days before your current EAD card expires because if an EAD extension is not approved within 90 days, it is automatically extended for 240 days, or until a decision is made, whichever comes first.

If it is not extended within 90 days, you can also go to the nearest INS district office and obtain your extension right away.

Procedure for filing the extension of EAD is same as new EAD, except that you should provide the copy of old EAD while renewing it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

An IIO confirmed this, however indicated that many employers still won't let you work.
Someone on the TSC board posted the legalities from the INS website and it doesn't actually say this anywhere from what I've seen. It seems that it may be a current interpretation since they are unable to adjudicate in a timely manner. Just a thought.

No, it is there on immihelp since long time, I still remember when I started my GC process(earlly 2000) I used to visit immihelp. So I doubt that this statement is still (post 9/11) vaild.

Does INS charge at iEAD time

Guys,

Does anybody know if INS charge you once you go to take iEAD after 90 days of your EAD filing since no decision was taken by INS ?

Let us suppose the give you iEAD and later EAD , when is the EAD effective? At the expiriation fo your original EAD or your interim EAD ?

Any takers on this question ?

"Does INS charge at iEAD time ? when is the EAD effective?
At the expiriation fo your original EAD or your interim EAD ? "

I don't know why some of you repeat these kind of quesitons.
just read some of the recent posts before posting. no, ins dont' charge for iead. Ead is effective as soon as it is given(check the date on the card)

again, there are so many posts on this topic, just read before asking questions.

not according to attorney Murthy

Murthy chat: http://www.murthy.com/chat0113.html

Chat User : My EAD is expiring this February. I had applied for an extension. I am not sure how long it takes to get the new one. Will I be out of status if I don't get the new one before the expiry date?

Attorney Murthy : The INS may take up to 90 days to issue an EAD renewal, though in some cases it is issued in less than 60 days.

A person is considered lawfully present while the I-485 is pending, but may not work legally without the valid EAD, even if an EAD extension is pending with the INS.