EAD renewal (i-765) - last re-entry question

KiranGreene

Registered Users (C)
I am e-filing the EAD renewal /I-.765 application and it ask me the last time I re-entered the country.

I used advance parole in Oct 2005 to go to Vancouver, Canada and came back to the US thru Seattle (Blaine, WA port of entry [POE] to be accurate) but the officer did not put any stamp on my I-94 because it was already stamped when I went to India a few months earlier (in July 2005) and came back thru San Francisco airport POE.

In the EAD renewal application, it asks me when and where's the last time I re-entered the US. I should put the Oct 2005 date / WA port of entry right?

I ask this because, I can not remember if at the Blaine, WA port of entry the officer did anything other than look at my Stamped Adv Parole and let me in. (I'm guessing the officer scanned my I-94 and recorded my re entry in Oct 2005)

I'd appreciate a quick answer as I need to file this ASAP.

Answer (A) for SFO/July 2005 date
(B) for Blaine, WA/Oct 2005 date

(B) seems logical.

Thanks,
Kiran

Hi Kiran,
It might become a "sticky" issue as if you say choice B and it does not appear in their records that you were out of the country/no I-94 issued/ the question becomes how did you re-enter in US? If you do NOT say about it but the system shows you have been outside US it can be questionable again. Do you have a lawyer to guide you on this? :confused:

EAD renewal (i-765 APP) question ...

Hmm.. I am sure (too optimistic??) someone has been in the same situation before.

I will contact my company lawyer on this tomorrow but hopefuly by that time someone in or who has been in similar situation will reply to this post.

It seems quite likely that the POE officer has recorded by scanning my i-94 etc that I went outside the US and re-entered.

I'll wait for your replies from here... :)

Thanks,
Kiran

Last Entry date

I have also gone through the same situation. My passport was stamped by the Canadian authorities but not the US immigration upon my return from Canada.

My lawyer told me to put the entry date from Canada as the last entry date and told me to submit an affadavit explaining the situation.

I have read this forum and many folks have taken the similar approach.

If the US immigration did not put stamp, you still entered from Canada.

Pls. search this and murthy forum and you will find lot of folks who have done this.