EAD Renewal. Gurus need help

mhj

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I am trying to apply for EAD renewal, I was hoping to get the following questions answered by you folks.

My application is a "derivative" i.e. my wife is the primary applicant.

Q1: Do I need to submit the marriage certificate?
Q2: In the response to the question on the I 765 form, "Manner of last entry". What should be the response? I used my Advance Parole last year to enter the country.
Q3: "Current Immigration Status". I have a valid H1. I also applied for the EAD, but never used it. My H1 expires in Oct 2004. What should be the response to this question? AOS, H1 B etc etc.

In addition the form asks if I ever applied for EAD from INS before. I did apply twice before for the optional pracrtical training while doing my masters from here. Do i need to list these EAD cards too?

I have seen this question been asked again and again on this forum. It would be a great idea to create an FAQ page where people and go and get their questions answered.

Thanks in advance.
mhj

Last edited by a moderator:
mhj, u wanna create this faq page? Then I'll put it on some free geocities page.

We could have such similar faqs for other such applications also.

But frankly, in all this wait we're all faq'ed out.

I can do that....

Silly man, I would be more than willing to do it, since I believe it is going to be helpful to the scores of people like us who have borne INS whims. Getting a GC in this country is probably the most frustrating experience anyone can have ;)

Howver, FAQ page only after I get my questions answered though :D . Any input??

Mhj,
Q1: Do I need to submit the marriage certificate?
Yes. If you include MC that is good. "Generally" for derivative applicants they issue RFE for Marriage Certificate.

Q2: In the response to the question on the I 765 form, "Manner of last entry". What should be the response? I used my Advance Parole last year to enter the country.
May be "Advance Parole" I am not sure of this..

Q3: "Current Immigration Status". I have a valid H1. I also applied for the EAD, but never used it. My H1 expires in Oct 2004. What should be the response to this question? AOS, H1 B etc etc.
If you are using H1B then HIB otherwise "Adjustment Status Pending"

Again, i am not a lawyer. Contact your attorney before applying for renewal.

PS

Q3: "Current Immigration Status". I have a valid H1. I also applied for the EAD, but never used it. My H1 expires in Oct 2004. What should be the response to this question?

It should be "AOS pending" because thats the basis on which you are eligible for EAD. H1B status does not entitle you for an EAD.

I think creating FAQ's is a good idea! It will really help new comers to this site as well as leaving some kind of legacy I guess! :) Besides it will cut down on the RTFM kind of questions, we can just point them to the right page.

Any ideas on what kind of FAQ's people would be interested in?

Another faq I can think of would be changing jobs on EAD/180 days .. especially in light of concurrent filing.

Another would be follow to join process.

Cover letter for EAD renewal application

Do we need a cover letter for EAD renewal application. In addition could some please post a sample cover letter?

Thanks,
MHJ

Let's start posting possible questions for EAD renewal, and then we will select common questions out of that , then reply those questions. e.g.

1. What are documents require for EAD renewal ?
2. Do I need to apply for EAD I have a valid H1 ?
3. Can I go for iEAD I have passed my 90 Days?
4. Where should I file my EAD application ?
5. Can I file EAD by my self ?
6. Where should I go to get my iEAD ?
7. At what time should I go to INS (with reply of Q 6)
8. Should I use EAD or H1 is OK ?And so on.

FAQ

Screw you Silly Man. Take it easy dude. I am try to juggle many things at my side. I am still in the process of filing my EAD renewal application. There are an unimaginable number of questions that run through your head specially if you are doing the application on your. Because you don't want to give this stupid system any chance to screw your GC application.

Rest assured, after I am done with my application, I will help anyone who posts EAD renewal related questions on this board, in the best possible way I can. Don't think that you are the moral torch bearer of this board.

You are extremely helpful, but that does not give you the right to blast someone else. After all I only suggested a FAQ since so many questions are asked about the EAD. If you are so smart why did'nt you come up with the FAQ idea? We all are in this together, before saying "screw you..blah blah.." think twice. Help comfort people not "screw them".

I will come up with the FAQ.

So chill out now and watch the Superbowl XXXVII with a coors light. :D