EAD Renewal Date : Losing the time by early filing - May be a program bug

Venkat Kodi

Registered Users (C)
TSC is taking 1-3 months for EAD Renewals. Because of the long variations in time and doubtful about TSC\'s processing times are making us to file the EAD renewals in 3 months advance and we are losing the time when it is approving within 30-40 days.
  I suspect that there is some bug in the program logic while assigning the start date for the renewal cases. I think it is assigning the System Date (today\'s date) as the start date with out checking whether it is a renewal case or first EAD. We could take this issue to the TSC Director through AILA members and we could write the letters to the TSC Director by mentioning \'FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR\'. I hope that more will be joining with me and our efforts will not go waste and at least the future EAD renewal filer will be benefited. I will do my part what ever I could do to be notified to TSC Director. My previous efforts gave me some encouragement.

Thanks,
Venkat.

It is OK because AOS is taking only 12-14 months nowadays

My wife and I sent for EAD renewal applications on 02/14/02 and they were received on 02/15/02, just 3 months before the expiry date 05/15/02. ND was 02/21/02. Happy because as per the current trend (79 days) there is a likelihood of getting new cards before the expiry date. I was thinking of checking status on AVM today, but to our surprise, got the cards in mail today. They were approved for one year w.e.f 03/16/02. Thus as per your obsevation, we lost 2 months. However, we don\'t care because our FP is scheduled for 04/03/02 and, as per the current trend, we are likely to get approvals within a month (worst case 3 months). Apparently, INS told AILA that the FPS are being scheduled only just before adjudication.

Interesting trend

You are right about FPs. I do see a trend currently in that if your
FPs are obtained too early after RD ( 2 to 3 months ), then you will
wait a very long time to be approved, sometimes you will have to get a second set of FPs. However, if you get FPs a long time AFTER RD (in my case a whole year!), the chance is then great that they are about to make a decision on the case. Check the nairoby site. So all of us that got aggravated when FPs didn\'t come 2 to 3 months after RD as promised by our attorneys should take solace in this fact.