EAD renewal at local office

nyguy1

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
My I-485 case was transferred from VSC to Newark office for interview. I had an interview on 7/15/2003, but still waiting for response.
My current EAD expires in Feb. 2004, so I should renew it.
My questions are:

1) Should I send the EAD application to VSC or Newark office? I think it's Newark, but not sure.

2) If I use E-filing for EAD, I should visit the local office for FP and photo. If I use paper application and mail it, do I still need to visit the office? I prefer to use paper form, not E-file.

Please share some information. Thank you.

I am in the same situation - where shall I file the EAD renewal after case transfer from VSC to Miami?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by nyguy1
Hello,
My I-485 case was transferred from VSC to Newark office for interview. I had an interview on 7/15/2003, but still waiting for response.
My current EAD expires in Feb. 2004, so I should renew it.
My questions are:

1) Should I send the EAD application to VSC or Newark office? I think it's Newark, but not sure.

2) If I use E-filing for EAD, I should visit the local office for FP and photo. If I use paper application and mail it, do I still need to visit the office? I prefer to use paper form, not E-file.

Please share some information. Thank you.

Try to meet local Congressman/woman .. they can help you with your file if it is in local office

jaceka:
You should file at the Miami local office. I filed with Texas service center after my case was transferred to Miami for EAD renew, the case was transferred to Miami after 5 months, the whole thing took 9 months.
Make sure you tell the officer at Miami that your cased has been transferred, they will let you file there after they check the computer and see your case.
Good luck.