EAD Renewal Approved

GCDEC2001

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

RD 12/19/02 ,
EAC0306155XXX

Me and my wife's ead both got renewed yesterday, some kind of relief as our EAD had expired on 01/29.

Still awaiting GC

Help please

:confused:
May you tell me what documents you submitted when you renewed your EAD? Did you provide a copy of your I-485 receipt notice? Thanks.

Yes I did send my 485 receipt notice, any other questions feel free to ask, not sure if it was mandatory, incase you have sent your application without 485 receipt, then try calling VSC, if they say everythings ok in your case, then you don't have to be tensed, normally when they recieve your application they go through all documents and either discard or do an RFE incase they find some missing documents. If its been some file since you have filed, in that case probably you are ok. Again don't take my word for it.
In my case when I called them couple of weeks earlier the officer told me everythings fine in my case and just needs to be assigned to an office, she said it would take more than 4 weeks but I got it sooner.

Take care and all the best

Sanjay

Sanjay,
I had applied for EAD renewal and AP renewal for my family at the same time on 01/15/03. I received receipt notice for AP for my wife and me on 01/24/03 but did not receive for EADs and APs for my son and daughter. I am worried now as I have to start working on EAD from Monday. My old EAD expires 03/29/03. You mentioned they go through the documents and either discard or issue an RFE. What do you mean that they discard? Does it mean they just throw away the application? I am tensed now. Please excuse me for posting this issue in 3 different discussions but I am so tensed and wating for you expert opinions.

Thanks!

Discard doesn't mean throw away, its not considered as a case, the case is completely rejected, one has to refile in such cases, this is what happened with me, when I applied for 485, along with my documents I had to send them the 485 fees, my attorney asked me to send a check in his name, he would go through all documents and reissue a check to INS, but instead of reissuing the check, he sent my check which was in favour of my attorney to INS, INS discarded my case and asked me to refile, as a result my 485 RD which would have been OCT 2001 becase DEC 2001. That's what I meant by discard, if documents are not proper INS sends an RFE, but if payment is not proper they don't even entertain your case.
Also regarding my EAD renewal, when I filed for it, 2 or 3 weeks later after getting the receipt notice, I called INS for the time frame, she told me my case went through preliminary check and now its waiting to be assigned which would take couple of weeks, I don't understand why they check it twice.
Regarding your case did your payment get clear, you can check with your bank or call up INS, and you can inquire about your AP as well as EAD, you don't have to be tensed you still have around 2 months, should be ok.

And I am sorry if my prior mail tensed you, or caused any confusion.

All the best
Sanjay

Originally posted by GCDEC2001
when they recieve your application they go through all documents and either discard or do an RFE incase they find some missing documents.

Feb2002Case,

Discard or RFE is only if there are some missing documents, otherwise its fine. I did not mention that all cases would either get RFE or discarded.

Thank you all for your comments and I feel relaxed now. My papers were filed by a big law firm and it was their company check as well. I don't know why they sent me receipts only for AP for me and wife. They did not send receipts for
1. AP for my son and daughter.
2.EAD for me and my wife.

All papers were sent together in one package and a single check was attached for all.
I will call my lawyer today.

Hi All ,
This is my first posting to this really helpful forum.

Sanjay,
My wife's EAD renewal details

ND : 12/19/2002
EAC: EAC0306155XXX (same as yours)

Havent received the Approval yet! Her current EAD expires on 02/12/2002. How did you manage to keep your job after your EAD expired?

Thanks!

Hi,
Your wife should get it soon, I had found out a bunch of EAD applications on 12/19, some of them got approved in 1st week of Jan, some later and some are still stuck. Its really a mistery on how INS works.
Regarding working in US, try talking to your company and see how you can work out with them. One think is you cannot use paid vacation as, INS says you have to be off payroll and they consider paid vacation as part of payroll( I had spoken with an INS officer regarding this)
Try cutting a deal with your firm, take a bonus later once you recieve your EAD. And if you plan to take a bonus later, try taking it once you get your 485 approved, as you never know with the kind of luck we have, INS might just ask for our recent paystubs and one might find it difficult to explain how you got a bonus.

I would say try talking to your company and see if they have some options. If you are into consulting buisness, your company would probably come out with some options.

Later
Sanjay

Thanks for your help. Got to work out a deal with the employer.

Spoke with the IO at VSC, she said they work first on the priority(?) cases assigned by the head office(??). So there are no rules in the game. INS works in its own mysterious ways!

Filer2002