EAD renewal Approved - Efiled

vk123

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know that my EAD renewal has been approved on 7/23/03. Below are the details.

EAD details:

Efiled on 5/29/03 ( by myself ).
ND 6/11/03
AD 7/23/03

I485 Details:
PD 5/98
ND 8/01
FP 3/03
AP

:confused:

You need to file the form online and pay with a bank account. You need to print 4copies of the receipt which shows at the end of the e-filing. Then call national customer service and get a date for fingerprinting. Then, mail copies of your I-485, I-94-back and front and copies of any previous EAD. Then wait for approval.

I have received 2 EAD's thus far (old style application, off-line) and I never had to do FP for either of them. Is this now a requirement???

Online process is pretty simple as descibed by vkalya. FP is required only for online filing and it is not a new requirement for offline filing.

is this FP for EAD same as regular 485 FP?

if it is same, will INS use this FP for that too?

btw, knowing INS i bet they won't.

edit- ok, as per vk123's post below, this is different from regular 485 FP.

Last edited by a moderator:
vk123

Do you need to go to local office for photographs.

Location where I am in does not have a local INS office and is 200 miles away, but there is a FP center in town. So if I have to go to local office for FP I plan to do e-file else good 'ol way

Yes, jbond_007

You have to go to local ASC to give the digital photo, signature and FP ( only one finger, so this is different from regular 485 FP's).

vk123,

Even I did my EAD electronically but I have heard from TSC folks. My EAD RD is June 11, 2003.

Congrats and Best of Luck.