EAD receipt notice

my485

Hi
 I applied for EAD/AP/I485 in the last week of December. I got receipt notice for my I485 with notice date of Jan, 2, 2001. But I didn\'t get any receipts for EAD or AP. My H1 will be expiring in April 2nd week. Please tell me what I should do?
Thanks

No Title

You ONLY can apply EAD/AP after INS receive your I-485 and give you a Notice. THEY DO NOT PROCESS AT THE SAME TIME.

It took about 60 day to process your EAD/AP at NSC.

If your laywer do not file your EAD/AP to NSC yet. You may want to file your application to local INS personally. In fact, you can get the EAD at same day from local INS. (AP maybe need 2 week to receice it)

In my case,
RD:12-28-2000
ND:01-09-2001

01-30-2001, I apply at local INS (Indiana), I get my and my wife EAD at the same day and receive AP 2 day later.

Help that help.

GOOD LUCK !

No Title

Hi columbus,

I am about to file I-485 at NSC(my company is in NSC area). but I am in Boston (which is under VSC). My question is, Can I go to Local INS in Boston for getting EAD&AP, after getting the receipt notice? In Boston local INS is issuing EAD\'s in the same day. Any info is greatly appreciated

Thanks

No Title

Strange you haven\'t got receipt notice yet for EAD/AP.
You\'d better check to make sure it\'s not lost.
If you mailed your applications the last week of December you should have got receipt notices around January 12th. (I\'m basing this on my own experience - mailed 485/EAD/AP app to NSC on Jan 3. Got Receipt Notices for 485/EAD/AP around Jan 20th).

No Title

Hi Columbus
  What papers should we take to local INS inorder to get EAD? Is it possible to get EAD from local INS if I already applied for EAD/AP
to Chicago INS?

Thanks

No Title

TO my485,
1. I think it should be the same one (I-765) you send to INS Service Center (NSC).
2. I do not know you can re-apply EAD again.
(SOMEONE MAY BE CAN ANSWER THIS QUESTION)

By the way, I think you applied for EAD/PA at Lincoln,NE (NSC) NOT Chicago INS. CHICAGO should be the local INS.

No Title

To my485,

I just read @ the other topic in this page, they suggestion people who wait more than 90 days can apply the "interim EAD" at local INS.

In you case, you may want get more information about the "interim EAD"
(Sorry, I do not have those experience about interim EAD)

No Title

Hi columbus,

How long time period about your EAD?
One year or three month? I read some message posted by other people,
It seems local INS only can issue tempory EAD for three month, not one year. Is that true.

Hope I can get your respond.

Thanks

No Title

Can some one tell me if we can apply for "interm EAD" at local office if your EAD is approved by NSC, but you didnot get it in 90 days because of other problems? In my case, my EAD was returned to NSC by postal service (donot know why?). When contacted, they said that they will send it again, but my current EAD is expiring in a week. Can I apply for interim EAD at local office in this situation? Thanks