EAD question

NSC485NOV

Registered Users (C)
For applying EAD, should I send the documents to INS or local office? How long it will take and how long it will valid for?
Thanks for any input.

problem with EAD obtained locally....

The NSC may not have the locally-obtained EAD info on file, so you may end up getting a RFE for EAD, thus delaying the process of your 485.

my two cents

Do NOT try to MAIL to local office

My wife asked in person if we could file there (local).
The answer was yes, but when I mailed them (my wife didn\'t have complete paperwork on her at that time, it took them 6 weeks to reply, saying that I should have filed at NSC.

So unless they take it on the spot, I wouldn\'t try

jesse1, I do not agree with you.

I apply my first EAD at local INS 2001-February. (walk in and get at same day)

I also get my second EAD from NSC 2001-Nov (About 45 days)
For safe, my company laywer suggest me apply 3 months early for my EAD renew. (Company pay everything)

this is my own experience

I should have got the approval notice in dec 2001, instead what i got was a RFE for work authorization. the only explanation i could figure out was i got my EAD at the local office, and the service center did not have the record, or the IIO who handled my case did not bother to check.

I have never seen such a RFE on this board before. I might be one of the unluck guys here. But what I suggested was "your case might get delayed if you got your EAD at the local office" like my case was.

agree or not. i don\'t want argue with you. I AM VERY TIRED OF THE WHOLE IMMIGRATION THING.

good luck and God bless, folks!

What is the pre requisite for applying for EAD?

I have I-140 approval, about to file I-485. IS there any other prerequisite for filing for EAD?
Columbus please help.
Thanks
ska

if someone passes 6yr of H1 but EAD gets pending more than 3 months

without any decision, then what do you consider this case? can he continue to work for the present company under "applied for adjustment of status" or he has to quit until EAD decision is made
or try another AC21 H1b 7th year extension option? It may be too late for extension because I think 7th year extension has to be done within 60 days beyond the expiration of 6th year, is that right? Shed some light on this guys. I know there are experts here on this site. Thanks.

No Title

You should be able to go to your local office (with I-485 receipt and the EAD receipt pending >90 days) and get your EAD on the same day.