EAD question

Not sure but ..

ab kya karun said:
How many months before my current EAD expires, can I file for an EAD extension?

ab kya karun,

I am not sure of the exact time limitation but you can and SHOULD apply 90 days before it expires. If the Service Center messes up your application and is not able to approve it in time and if 90 have passed since you filed for your EAD then you can go to the local office and they can issue you an interim EAD.

So the golden rule is to do it 120 days before the current EAD expires. I believe it can be done prior to 120 days.

regards,

saras

ab kya karun said:
How many months before my current EAD expires, can I file for an EAD extension?
Like saras said, apply at least 100 days before expiry if you are using EAD currently for working.

If you are maintaining & working based on a valid non-immigrant status, you can wait for a bit longer as you don't really need the EAD immediately.

I think typical EAD renewals (paper based) take only like 5 weeks -- but again you can't assume it will be that way (if you are working on EAD)

And ....

If USCIS receives your EAD application in advance, two things can happen.
Either you can lose your current time on EAD and get a new EAD from the date they issue OR they can issue from the date your current EAD expires. We have seen both cases. It may not matter much if your company is paying, I guess.

Man