EAD Question

ramlaxman

Registered Users (C)
My wife's H4 visa (which is stamped on the passport) and her I-94 expire on 11th Aug, 2005. I can apply for her H4 extension for another 3 years.

However, she has received her EAD and she intends to open her own company in a couple of months. Should I apply for H4 extension or I dont need to do that since she will be using her EAD when she opens her own company?

Thanks!!

use EAD

Hi,

That is correct...........she can use EAD until she gets the plastic.

Whatever happens with GC, thats for good........anyhow you have to pay for the H4, right? Why don't you pay that for EAD renewals then??

I would say it is better to be on EAD.........use your best judgement.

Thanks!

ramlaxman said:
My wife's H4 visa (which is stamped on the passport) and her I-94 expire on 11th Aug, 2005. I can apply for her H4 extension for another 3 years.

However, she has received her EAD and she intends to open her own company in a couple of months. Should I apply for H4 extension or I dont need to do that since she will be using her EAD when she opens her own company?

Thanks!!

It might be better to have your wife's H4 visa extended just as a back-up option depending on where your permanent residency application is at. If you are far along into the process and are expecting the plastic card soon, your wife doesn't need an H4. However, if your I-140 has just been approved and you are still waiting for your I-485, there is a bit of a risk going out of status in case something goes wrong with your I-485.

Good luck and consult with a lawyer if possible prior to making a decision.