EAD problem - Unusual

MyGC2004

Registered Users (C)
I know this is not the EAD forum. Just looking for help as Sr. members are already in 485 stage.

Couple of months ago, I mentioned in this forum that I got my 2nd EAD with wrong dates i.e. second EAD starting after 2 1/2 months of first ones expiration. As per the USCIS (of course through my lawyer), I sent back my 2nd EAD to VSC explaining the problem and requesting them to expedite the correction.

After 2 months and 10 days, I got a response from VSC saying that there is no service error. Here is the story. Before expiration of 1st EAD, I went to local INS office one saturday for information and took an appointment (the most informal one - wrote "Monday 10:00am" on some piece of paper) for next monday. But I couldn't make it and I didn't cancel it as you know there are no phone numbers to call. Meanwhile, I got my 2nd EAD from VSC and never went to my local INS Office. Now VSC is saying that I have taken an Interim EAD from local office for 3 months, that is why they issued my 2nd EAD with a start date that begins after the expiration of Interim EAD.

My current situation, I never took an interim EAD from local office so I don't have it. My lawyer sent my 2nd EAD plastic card to VSC and they didn't return it to me (I have a scanned copy of it though).

How to proceed from here... Any suggestions, comments greatly appreciated.