EAD - please help - **urgent**

RD1026_BIL

Registered Users (C)
MY H1B Expires in june 2003, To be in safe applied for EAD along
with I-485 last year, Which will expires in jan2003. I have not
changed employer, also i have not filled any froms with my company to switch status form h1b to ead.

Another issue is my wife EAD also expires on jan2003, she started
working on EAD.

Now do i realy need to apply for EAD renuval, I do not have any plans to change employer.
My concern is will it effect my my h1b status because my wife used her EAD.

Can we file renuval for my wife only.

Please share your experinace...

Thanks

:confused:

If you plan to continue working on your H1 then please get it extended. However, it's always safe to also have an EAD on the side just to be safe. I would suggest that both you and your wife renew your EAD. If your wife is using her EAD to work, I don't think it affects your H1 status, but I think it does affect her H4 status. Please consult your lawyer on that.

What stops you from renewing the EAD?

Dear friend,

What stops you from renewing your EAD card? You say your H1 visa expires in June next year.. cool.. You do not have any plans to change your job in near future.. cool.. Let me assume that your company is doing great and has no plans for lay offs.. cool..

But there is nothing certain my friend. I never knew that I'll loose my job, 1 hour before my lay off.. you never know.

Just in case if you loose your job, you will have hard time looking for job.. With EAD card, you get more opportunities than H1.

Come on, its a matter of a few hundred dollars.. please renew your EAD card. Continue working on your H1 visa.. BUt renew your EAD card too.

Just my personal opinion!!

Thanks Maviska , rd10132001

Thank you for your advice, sent renuval papers for my wife and
for my self today.

Thanks