EAD pending security check for 2 years

ashutosh1970

Dear Friends,

I filed concurrent I-140/765/485/131 on Feb 03. 140 was approved in 2 months. However all the others are pending - including EAD. I am told that I am in a security check since May 03 -- and there seems to be no end. I got interim EADs 4 times [3 months each] in Detroit, and then they said that they would not give any more. Fortunately I have kept my H1B status going continuously - it is my 8th year on my H1. Is there any way out of this???

I think you need help from your congressperson or senator. Call their offices and seek help!

Same situation here

My 2nd 131 has been held for almost a year now because of "Pending Security Check". I checked with FBI, my name check has been completed in 2003, so obviously, this security check is the so-call security check performed inside CIS. I don't believe it takes this long to perform a security check inside CIS, plus my 131 is the 2nd one, I got my 1st one within 2 months.

I made numerous inqueries through the 1-800 number, they always responded with: pending security check, keep waiting ...

I guess my file has already lost or was buried somewhere that CIS could no longer find. This is just an excuse of them. They suck !!!

Security check

hi!
myself is also under same situation security check pending since Fp but i got email from FBI they send it back next day ? there for I-485 pending since 07/09/203.