EAD pending for 5 months ..!!! pls reply

ptr2477

Registered Users (C)
All,

I've applied for I-130/I-485 and I-765 (Chicago lock box)on August 2005 and the receipt date was August 25th 2005. All applications are pending till today - no approvals or deny. I've got the iEAD from the local office, but it's valid only for 3 months.

Anybody with the same problem? How long I have to wait to get the EAD or approvals? Transferring from H1 (married to USC)

Thanks!

You should call the USCIS number and find out the reason for delay. They will open a problem ticket for you - and they need to reply within 30 days to you. I did the same thing couple of weks back - and havent recvd anything yet.

Do a Walk-in and get your fingerprints done for I-765. It takes less than a minute. Tell them your case has been pending for 5 months and you haven't received a notice for FP. I waited for 5 months before doing a walk-in December. They took my FP and my application was approved online that day itself and I received my EAD 2 days later and guess what? EAD was dated october! Don't wait for FP notice if you havent received it already. It will never come. Calling USCIS doesnt help either. OR if you receive FP notice for I-485, get your I-765 done at same time. OR if you want your case to move forward, walk-in and get both I-485 and I-765 done.

Hi Detroitkam,

Thanks for the reply. Did you do that in Detroit? I am in the same are and I would appreciate if you can let me know the procedure to do the walk-in ..

Thanks!

Walk-in with your I-485/I-765 notices and you need your driver license/passport. Try to pick a day when they are not busy. Fridays are best and I think they are open on Saturdays too. Walk up to the sign in desk and explain to the person that you have been waiting for 5 months and haven't received a FP notice. If they are really busy and can't accomodate you, ask them to do at least I-765. That takes less than a minute.

Do I need to schedule an appointment from Infopass to do this? Do I need to call the local office or the 1-800 number to schedule this?

What are the procedures after finger printing?

Thanks!

You can take appointment through the web. The best would be go there and ask the officer itself. Here is the address:

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

ptr2477 said:
Do I need to schedule an appointment from Infopass to do this? Do I need to call the local office or the 1-800 number to schedule this?

What are the procedures after finger printing?

Thanks!

Thanks for your help. To do this walk-in, do I have to go to the District Office or the ASC? It's in two different places. I am not sure if I can do an infopass appointment to DO and get the finger printing done there it self.

I think people normally go to the ASC for finger printing.

Please reply.