EAD only after I140 for Concurrent

I can confirm this through our own case. At CSC. The lawyer told us that EAD and AP are on hold until the I-140 is approved.

This news is devastating! And probably now explains why my EAD has not been approved even after I've received and responded to an RFE. I'm just hoping that this new rule will only apply to cases that were filed concurrently after they implemented this rule and not to all cases that have been filed concurrently. I'll give them till the end of May and if my EAD is not approved/denied by then, I will have to let my lawyer intervene and find out what is going on.

I do not know were did they pull this info from, but just yesterday I've got my EAD card in the mailbox, and my I-140 is far away from being approved. My I-140 & I-485 were concurrently filed in the VSC, I-140 - in Jan 2003, AOS / EAD / AP - in March 2003. EAD was approved April 29.
Even if this news is true, maybe BCIS has not started to enforce it, till the beginning this month at least. So, hold on guys, there is still hope!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I guess we will just have to wait and see...I filed in Dec. and this is May and I still do not have EAD. :mad:

Application mailed on 12-17-02
RD- 12-18-02
ND- 01-24-03
Category- EB-3- Professional/skilled worker

NoVAguy,

Thanks for the reply. What is *ND*? How long did it take to receive the receipt notice from CSC. My I-140/485 application was filed during Apr 03.

ND is notice date. My application was sent to VSC not CSC. There is no apparent pattern for issuing receipts. When I filed in Dec. my lawyer said I would get the receipts in 2 weeks. They didn't get them until early Feb. You should get them soon. Don't worry.

question regarding 140 reciept

I filed my 140 and 485 concurrently and got my reciept notices for 765/adavance parole and 485.I did not get the 140 reciept i.e my lawyer did not recieve any thing.Will there be any delay in issuing the 140 reciept notice.I filed all the documents at the same time.BTW who will get the 140 reciept notice will it be me or my lawyer?