EAD - online or by mail

deepster

Registered Users (C)
My EAD expires in August and I was planning on applying for renewal. Can one apply for EAD renewal by mail or does it have to be e-file only (assuming I am elligible which I am).

The way I see it filing by mail has several advantages -

1) Don;t have to go to local office for fingerprinting etc. - no standing in line in cold from 7 a.m.
2) Material still has to be mailed so there is no real advantage of efile if I apply enough in advance like I am planning to.

I have done it by mail before and had no issues what soever. Any reason why efile may be better or less risky ?

Originally posted by deepster
My EAD expires in August and I was planning on applying for renewal. Can one apply for EAD renewal by mail or does it have to be e-file only (assuming I am elligible which I am).

The way I see it filing by mail has several advantages -

1) Don;t have to go to local office for fingerprinting etc. - no standing in line in cold from 7 a.m.
2) Material still has to be mailed so there is no real advantage of efile if I apply enough in advance like I am planning to.

I have done it by mail before and had no issues what soever. Any reason why efile may be better or less risky ?
Even applying by mail they still scheduled us for photo,signature and fingerprint(called Biometrics) but I recomend you dou it by MAIL.Thet approved our case in less tham 2 months.

not clear - tata2003

Tata2003,

I am not clear. When I applied for renewal of my 2nd EAD last year I submitted the photos and signature along with the form that I mailed to the USCIS..

Why would they require me to send that again?

I guess the only questions is since they already have my photo and signature will they still schedule me for fingerprinting.

Basically, I did not have to go to the local BCIS office at all last time I applied. I sent photo and form to INS got the receipt and EAD in mail.

Has that change now? Is fingerprinting mandatory now for EAD whether e-file or by mail.

thanks

I am not 100% sure but I think they only do that for 3rd EAD renewals.Even that we submit the application(by mail) with pictures and everything they asked us to schedule for digital pictures,signature and fingerprint.(for the first time)