EAD-No receipt letter / checks not cashed

zoomz00m

Registered Users (C)
Its been 10 days since I've applied for my EAD.( send it hrough certified mail and the mail was delivered on may 6th). I haven't received any receipt and checks havent been cashed either.
Do I need to reapply...wait a few more days....or keep on worrying...???
Applied it to the MSC( the chicago address where i-130/i-485 concurrent files are pending)
Any inputs comments will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
It can take from 1 week up to 40 days to get the receipts from MSC. Do not panic just yet. Also, if they need to consolidate the I765 with your previous file it obviously could take longer...

Applied EAD AP for me and my wife on April 18th , it is almost one month. Still checks was not cleared and no receipt yet. My wife EAD and AP is extension and my case is new one. Sent all in one package, Called USCIS on thursday given the A# to the Supervisor. Supervisor told me they dont have any records of my case or my wife's case. MY wife's EAD is going to expire on August 2nd. I want to get the receipt atleat 90 days before of mife's EAD Expiration. But never received a receipt or checks cashed. Talked to the rep and he asked me to wait or i can apply online and give the FP. That is what I did for my wife's case. Reason being my wife is working on EAD. For my case i am going to wait for another one week to 10 days. If not call again USCIS and will verify they have recieved the case. If not going to apply mine.

EAD check still not cashed out...

Its been 16 days...and still checks haven't been cashed...anyone had similar problems with I-765 (applied to MSC where i-130 and 1-485 is pending).
any suggestions???

Last edited by a moderator:
Man just don't worry yet.....It took about 3 weeks for them to send me a NOA. If you don't get anything withing 30 days of mailing, then you can call and they'll send you a NOA. Hope that helps.

*****Timeline*****
4/20/05:Mailed I-130, I-485, and I-765
4/22/05:RD for I-130, I-485, and I-765
5/9/05 :ND for I-130, I-485, and I-765
5/10/05:LUD for I-130, I-485, and I-765
5/16/05:Fingerpringts and Biometrics done
5/16/05:LUD for I-485, and I-765
5/20/05:LUD for I-130, and I-765

Update

Checks were cashed on June 7th, 05. Sorry for the late update.
Just FYI I beleive is is usually taking between 30-35 days for USCIS to cash the check and or send NOA for people applying early may 05.
My timeline is posted elsewhere
thankyou