EAD: local office vs Nebraska

Antik

Registered Users (C)
I had my last EAD from local office. Now it is the time to apply for next EAD. Do I have to apply for my EAD at the local office or I will have to apply for it at Nebraska office.
Any avdice will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Dude,

This totally depends on where you live and what policies the local office follows in your area. I had got my EAD renewed in Jan from the local office in Indianapolis without any problems. This was well after the fact that there were a lot of articles on how the local offices had been adviced not to hand out EADs. So my advice to you would be to make the trip to your local office (you might be able to get some information on the phone about this but I doubt it) with the forms and try your luck. Fortune favors the brave so take the chance and hopefully things work out for you at the local office itself! Obviously if they refuse you have no alternative but to file at the Nebraska service center.

Hope this helps!

gcfasttrack

I think it would be a good idea to apply in Nebraska. If you wait and fail to get a new EAD from your local office, you will be in trouble. This is what I personally think.