EAD Help!!!!!!!!!!!

sjariffu

Registered Users (C)
Today (8/18/04) my EAD expires. I applied for extension in May, notice date is 6/01//04. Extension not approved yet.

My questions are as follows:
1) What should I do.
2) Can I continue working while EAD extension not approved yet.
3) Can I go to local USCIS office to get interim EAD. It's not 90 days yet, from my application date.

Please advise. Thank you very much.

It doesn't hurt to apply for interim EAD. Generally they will not issue it before 90 days have expired. Tell them you will lose you job, take a letter from your employer.

sjariffu said:
Today (8/18/04) my EAD expires. I applied for extension in May, notice date is 6/01//04. Extension not approved yet.

My questions are as follows:
1) What should I do.
2) Can I continue working while EAD extension not approved yet.
3) Can I go to local USCIS office to get interim EAD. It's not 90 days yet, from my application date.

Please advise. Thank you very much.
NO -- you cannot work on expired EAD -- its against the LAW.

Ask your employer to put you on a leave of absence ASAP (as in effective today).
You cannot get paid during this time.

You can try your luck for i-EAD .... but since you are within the 90 day period, its not guaranteed.

Most important is to not work without an EAD -- its going to cause you trouble.

My thoughts

U should not even waste a day after you cross 90 days of yr application date. Get yr appointment through infopass (if eligible) as most of the places are shutdown for without appointments and u have to apply alteast 2 weeks before.

I agree you cannot work unless you have approved EAD. BE Calm and talk to your employer for :

1. Unpaid leave of absence.
2. pending vacation time.

May be you could try option 2 for the rest of the days till you reach 90 days.
Who knows u might hit the jackpot and get I-EAD on 91st day.

I have been through this and I dont want others to suffer.

All of you guys out there, please apply for extension atleast 4 months in advance, so you dont land in such kind of situation. It is my advise. You may disagree.

You really don't need to be lucky to get iEAD on day #91.
You will get it unless a RFE comes along.

OTOH, you need to be really lucky to get iEAD before the 90 day mark though :)

Did you apply for your EAD online?

Could you please also post your experience at the local office? Thanks,