EAD help required

Victor_India

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
My wife worked on her EAD until July and it got expired on Dec'02.
Due to some reasons we did extend her EAD. But, now she has a job offer without EAD. I talked to my lawyer and he says it will be a long time before my wife can get her EAD. Do you folks have any idea to get the EAD soon? I am just trying to get out of the box ideas.. I would appreciate any suggestion. Thank You and Have a wondeful day
. -Victor Gabriel

EAD

Local office does not take EAD apps. My EAD app was returned to NSC. I heard that you can get temp EAD. I am not sure where from? However in your case when you want to extend if that is correct, it wont take too much time.

Right now NSC is taking 80 days to process the EAD.

Victor - Question for you

Victor,

You said you did not extend EAD beyond Dec 02, Correct? If so, What is the your spouse's status now?

My question is, If your spouse was on H4 and opted to work with EAD, can she go back to being on H4 again? I thought once you start using your EAD, you relinquish your original visa status.

To your question - Local INS does not issue EADs any more. You may have to apply for EAD at NSC. I don't think there is any other easier route.

Victor,

As far as I know, there is no other quicker way.

Local office won't do it for you unless you do not get your EAD card in 90 days after your RD of EAD application.

If you renewaled it before it expired, then you are eligable to work with the old card and your recipt for 120 days.

I guess you should do it ASAP. It takes two to three months to get the card.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick EAD question

Does anyone know if the local INS office in Bloomington, MN still processes EAD application before 90 days of concurrently filing 140/485.

Or should I file for EAD at NSC.

Thanks